Exit

Discuss: ProRes RAW support

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone:

The following Beta applications support import of ProRes RAW footage:
- After Effects (Beta) 17.1.0.33 (and later)
- Media Encoder (Beta) 14.2.0.1 (and later)
- Premiere Pro (Beta) 14.2.0.1 (and later)
- Premiere Rush (Beta) 1.5.9.4 (and later)

System Requirements for macOS:
  • macOS Catalina 10.15 (or later)
  • macOS Mojave 10.14.5 (or later); requires user-installation of Pro Video Formats 2.1.1 (or later) from Apple. Such Pro Video Formats are NOT licensed or supported by Adobe and are subject to Apple Terms and Conditions

The Metal renderer must be selected for use in the applications (this is already the default setting):
  • After Effects (Beta): File > Project Settings... > Video Rendering and Effects > select "Mercury GPU Acceleration (Metal)"
  • Media Encoder (Beta): Preferences > General > Video Rendering > select Renderer: "Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (Metal) - Recommended"
  • Premiere Pro (Beta): File < Project Settings > General > select Renderer: "Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (Metal) - Recommended"

System Requirements for Windows:
  • NVIDIA GPU with the latest drivers. 4GB or more Video Memory recommended.
  • Required user-installation of ProRes RAW Decoder from Apple. ProRes RAW Decoder is NOT licensed or supported by Adobe and is subject to Apple Terms and Conditions

The CUDA renderer must be selected for use in the applications:
  • After Effects (Beta): File > Project Settings... > Video Rendering and Effects > Mercury GPU Acceleration (CUDA)
  • Media Encoder (Beta): Edit > Preferences > General > Video Rendering > select Renderer: Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA) - Recommended
  • Premiere Pro (Beta): File > Project Settings > General > select Renderer: Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA) - Recommended

We look forward to your feedback.

Thank you,
Manish Kulkarni
Adobe
TOPICS
Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Hi everyone,

ProRes RAW support is now available in the released (non-Beta) versions of:
- After Effects 17.1
- Media Encoder 14.2
- Premiere Pro 14.2
- Premiere Rush 1.5.12

For System Requirements, please see: https://www.adobe.com/go/proresraw

Thank you to all for your feedback during the Feature Development. We will post a new discussion thread when we make further enhancements to ProRes RAW support.

Manish

PS: In case you don't see the above updates, try "Check for updates" from the He

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Hi Everyone:

We have now added support of ProresRaw on Intel and AMD GPU based systems on Windows platform.

- Media Encoder (Beta) 14.3.2_36 (and later)

- Premiere Pro (Beta) 14.3.2_40 (and later)

- After Effects (Beta) 17.1.4_001

- Premiere Rush (Beta) 1.5.29_002

System Requirements:

Intel Integrated or AMD GPU with the latest drivers. 4GB or more Video Memory recommended for AMD GPU cards.

Required user-installation of

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 112 Replies 112
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryan,

We are working on it - we should have an update next month.

Manish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! Any word on AMD card support? I have an AMD Vega Frontier Edition Professional Card. It works great with GPU rendering acceleration, I just need ProRes RAW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AMD support for ProRes RAW is not currently available.
We are expecting to add it in the future.

Manish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So to be honest, likely months without AMD support? Just trying to get a ballpark. If I were to buy an Nvidia card, can I use that while I use my AMD card? In other words, can I just add an Nvidia card to my setup now or do I need to replace my AMD card? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just grabbed this since it was pretty cheap!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/323896255302

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Have you been running it without any issues? Love my current setup and it breezez through 4K 10-bit ProRes without any issues, would like to keep it similar if possible without having to break the bank on a temporary  Nvidia card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ordered the card yesterday, and it cost me $55.

$55!!!

I plan on running this side by side with my AMD Vega Frontier Edition, and this is required anyway, as it doesn't have any monitor connection on this NVidia card to begin with. But it does give you the necessary CUDA compatibility that the ProRes RAW decoder is currently designed to work with.

And yes you can run GPUs from different vendors since an update to Windows 10, so it should be the best of both worlds!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Manish, any update on the RAW to Log conversion. Been enjoying some crash free editing with Prores RAW footage over the last month (wish I could say the same for RED footage, man does Adobe need to work on that) and looking forward to colouring from a Log starting point to see how the image can be manipulated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryan - glad to hear that you're able to work well with ProRes RAW footage. We're still working on log color space support - looks like it will be closer to the end of July before we have this in a Beta update.

For RED footage - would love to hear more - could you provide more info? Perhaps start a new thread for the problems you are seeing?

Manish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Manish, really appreciate the update. Having a date that's later than expected is better that no date at all so I'm glad that you're working on it and at least have a target set. 

As for my ongoing issues with editing RED footage (going on 5 years now with multiple top end editing machines - the bugs never end), I'll take your advice and start a new thread with detailed info and screenshots. 

Thanks again for your timely response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How's that 'RAW to Log conversion' update going? Also, Assimilate now let's users access the Prores RAW ISO, white balance, and tint metadata. Hope Adobe's been proactive and you folks are working on this as well?

https://www.newsshooter.com/2020/07/18/assimilate-scratch-adds-iso-gain-wb-and-tint-controls-for-pro...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been a week and a half without an update or response. Hello?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ryan, The team is currently testing the support for Log color space and it will be available soon in an external beta if testing goes as planned.

-Martie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome to hear, Martie!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!!! I have updated my desktop, and so far happy with theworking product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the latest update seems to have broken Prores RAW support on my system. I was using the beta build just fine for weeks and with the latest updates, both the beta and non-beta versions of Premiere give this error: 

prr error.JPG

This is using the latest Nvidia Studio drivers, latest Apple Prores RAW decoder for windows (the non-beta version released today, May 19th), and latest versions of both Premiere Pro and the Premiere Pro beta. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there everybody ... I just wanted to let you guys know. 

I have been using the Premiere BETA for a good while and all was working well with ProRes RAW

Then I updated to Premiere 14.2 and again all was well.

BUT   BUT   BUT  ... It then stopped working.

I checked my NVidia drivers and the update to Adobe and still nothing.

After a bit of thinking, I found that the APPLE Decoder update screwed up the link. 

I went back to the last version of the APPLE Decoder and ProRes RAW works again on my machine.

Just something to think about if you run into this problem.

My Machine: i7-8700K | 32GB RAM | M.2 OS & Program Drive | Nvidia 1080TI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on when AMD gfx cards will be supported? Is there any possibility of getting a less vague answer? Like within the next couple months, within the next year, within the next two years!?? Would be nice to know if I should get a Nvidia card solely dedicated for PRR footage. Please advise. Thank you so much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My NVidia Tesla card arrived a few weeks ago. Now that Panasonic released ProRes RAW last night, guess I'm going to install it alongside my AMD Vega Frontier Edition and see how it goes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone:

We have now added support of ProresRaw on Intel and AMD GPU based systems on Windows platform.

- Media Encoder (Beta) 14.3.2_36 (and later)

- Premiere Pro (Beta) 14.3.2_40 (and later)

- After Effects (Beta) 17.1.4_001

- Premiere Rush (Beta) 1.5.29_002

System Requirements:

Intel Integrated or AMD GPU with the latest drivers. 4GB or more Video Memory recommended for AMD GPU cards.

Required user-installation of ProRes RAW Decoder from Apple. ProRes RAW Decoder is NOT licensed or supported by Adobe and is subject to Apple Terms and Conditions

The OpenCL renderer must be selected for use in the applications:

Media Encoder (Beta): Edit > Preferences > General > Video Rendering > select Renderer: Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (OpenCL)

Premiere Pro (Beta): File > Project Settings > General > select Renderer: Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (OpenCL)

We look forward to your feedback.

Thank you,

Brajesh Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Brajesh, 

Thanks! I have downloaded the latest beta of Premiere (14.3.2) and the files still don't process. I have an AMD gfx card with 8 GB of ram and plenty of power to work this. Any thoughts on whats going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, just to be clear.  I have reinstalled the ProRes Raw for windows and my gfx cards is up to date. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest Premiere Pro Beta is 14.3.2_39. When is 14.3.2_40 going to be available for download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest Premiere Pro Beta is 14.3.2_39. When is 14.3.2_40 going to be available for download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi estarkey,

Premiere Pro Beta 14.3.2_40 should be availble for you to download now.

Best,

Martie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources