• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failed to transcribe two audio files separately

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I failed to transcribe two audio files separately. Two different persons speak in each file.

As it was the first time for me to try the auto-transcript, I first selected "Mix" for the target audio in transcription settings. It worked. A transcript for two speakers was generated.

Then, I tried to transcribe one of the audio files. It keeps returning the transcript of two people talking as a result.

I wanted to do this separately because I wanted to put captions in different positions (by speakers).

Audio file information:

- length: 2 hours

- language: Japanese

Thank you!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if you get multiple transcripts, you'll have a problem of not being able to get two caption tracks made from them to show in your sequence. Also, I suspect that PR only allows one transcript per sequence.

The current workaround (assuming you are trying to burn in both speakers with different positioning/caption styling etc), is to create a caption track for each speaker in DIFFERENT sequences, then nest the sequences. See this post regarding this method:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-workaround-nesting-to-apply-effect-controls-to-capti...

Also to clarify, each of the two files contains one speaker. You use this to create a different audio track for each speaker. If you put these assets into different Sequences, can you create a transcript for each speaker?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's exactly what I was wondering! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources