• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Focus : Support for RED Komodo camera

Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the latest Beta build, we have added support of RED files from Komodo camera.

Please try out your RED workflow in the build and let us know how it works.

Thanks

Brajesh

TOPICS
Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

awesome, will try this out. keeping my fingers crossed. hope it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've tried beta build 14.3 that has added RED SDK for R3D support and my RED files will actually play now, in the timeline but still not a smooth as it should be, I still get some dropped frames during playback. Footage still is a little jittery. I get 2-12 dropped frames during playback. I'm working with various RED footage up to 8K Resolution. Even when I drop the playback resolution to 1/4 or 1/8 it still doesn't playback as smooth as it did in premiere Pro build 13.1.5. Im available to provide any additional information needed to help.
We're going in the right direction but we're still not there just yet. Getting RED playback as smooth as it was in v13.1.5 is the goal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanted to add more info to my findings to help the developers. Looks like 4K,5K and 6K resolutions play nicely, but 8K resolutions is where the playback struggles a bit.
in addition, sometimes during playback with 8K footage the dropped frame indicator will show green, even though its dropping frames during playback. Again this is only happening with RED 8K resolution footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback. I understand that 8k footage is dropping frames during playback.

Can you please help me with these deatils- 

1. Machine configuration

2. 8k footage with which you are facing the issue and the project.

3. At which render and resolution are you playing back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neha, 

Computer Specs :

iMac Pro
3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W processor
128g ram
Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB graphics card
Edit drive: Thunderbolt 3 raid ssd

Sequence Setting: 

Editing mode: RED Cinema Timebase: 23.976 fps Video Settings Frame size: 4096h 2160v (1.0000) Frame rate: 23.976 frames/second Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square Pixels (1.0) Fields: No Fields (Progressive Scan) Audio Settings Sample rate: 48000 samples/second Color Space Name: BT.709 RGB Full Default Sequence Total video tracks: 3 Master track type: Stereo Audio Tracks: Audio 1: Standard Audio 2: Standard Audio 3: Standard Audio 4: Standard

Footage: 

RED 8K R3D 8192 x 4320 Frame Rate: 23.976

Render: Metal

Playback Resolution: 1/8 & 1/4

**PLEASE SEE MY FINDING BELOW. THIS MAY BE THE ROOT CAUSE**

I have found this to be the case with 14.2 and 14.3 (beta) versions 

-If the source monitor and program monitor both have a clip previewed, the timeline struggles to play 8K footage, but if the source monitor is displaying anything other than a clip from the media bin, the timeline plays back perfectly. Its as if the source monitor is causing the program monitor to play choppy. Example: if you select the "effects" tab in the source monitor the clip in the timeline that was struggling, no longer struggles to play, but as soon as you show the clip again in the source monitor, the clip in the program monitor struggles again. 

Again this is only happening with RED 8K resolution footage

@NEHA it really would be great if we could do a screen share so I can show you in real time whats happening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neha, I created a video of what I'm experiencing with this bug. This is happening in 14.2 and 14.3(beta) I sent this over to Trent as well, but just wanted to post it here for you to view. Im sure ths will help your team.

[video]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for such a detailed information. I agree that there is an issue with 8 K footage and will investigate it and get back with the fix as soon as possibble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Neha just wanted to check in and see if there was any progress on the program monitor issue with RED 8K files? There has been numerous updates to the beta app, but none of the updates have addressed the bug I have submitted. I really don't want this to get overlooked and lost during the update process. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Azzie, 

Thanks for the follow -up. I understand your concern about the issue but this issue has several depedencies and it is going to take some time to fix it. I would request you to please allow us some time in order to fix it.

-Regards

Neha Chaudhary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neha,

Wanted to chime in for this, I have a 2019 Mac Pro and also get dropped frames for 8K video. I'm not sure if the new Metal SDK from RED has been implemented but my iStats is showing almost no usage on both GPU's. I can playback at 1/4 resolution smoothly with one layer of basic Lumetri color correction, but not at 1/2 or Full resolution (and definitely not with basic Lumetri applied.) My 2013 Mac Pro was able to playback at 1/4 as well but there should be a significant performance advantage on the new 2019 hardware. 

Specs:

2019 Mac Pro

3.2 GHz Intel Xeon W 16-core

96gb RAM

2 x Radeon Pro Vega II (64gb VRAM overall)

macOS Catalina 10.15.6

Thunderbolt 3 RAID

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Joshua did you check out my video I posted on the 8K issue your having. Ive narrowed down the issue. its something going on with the source monitor hogging up resources from the program monitor. Adobe needs to fix this, Ive been posting about this for almost a year now and they have yet to fix, 

here's the video I posted and sent to the adobe techs. 

[video]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's so odd! Thanks for recording video of it...on another side note, I still don't think they're using the newest RED Metal SDK because of the lack of activity on the GPUs during playback (but neither is FCPX, DaVinci supports the new Metal playback though and is noticeably faster.)

Maybe it's a huge code rewrite to implement the RED Metal playback, hoping Premiere 2021 finally supports Metal GPU debayering and decode (instead of only using the CPU.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neha, Just wanted to check back in and seeing if there was any update to the RED 8K issue. There have been several update releases and non have addresses this issue. As I mentioned before I really don't want this to get lost in the mix. We are coming up on August and Adobe hasn't addressed this yet. Can you provide some update? Please watch the video I provided to refresh your memory on the issue. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neha any update on getting this issue fixed? Ive been posting about this issue for almost a year and and Adobe has had several updates and releases and no fix. Can you please look into this. Adobe is releasing all these new features which are great but if I cant edit my videos the new features are unless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Nehe is there any update on this fix? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neha  Looks like update 14.5 has finally fixed the playback issue with RED files. Im a little disappointed it took almost a year to fix this, but I'll take the fix nonetheless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Azzie,

Thanks for confirming this and waiting for us to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neha, So After upgrading to MacOS 11.0.1 the playback issue I was having before with RED footage has returned. Ive tried PPCC Version 4.6, 4.7 and beta ver 14.8. You guys fixed the issue in PP 14.5 running MacOS 10.15.4. so what happened? How and why would this issue return? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Neha Chaudhary Heres another video showing the issue: 

[video]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey @Neha Chaudhary just following up, any update on the fix for this issue? the problem remains after the latest 14.8 update 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brajesh. 

Why there is a need to support Komodo files specifically? Since they're R3D as usual? 

Thx, 

Yossy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your query. There will be a new RED Komodo camera which can capture Komodo (red) files for which the support is added in Premeire Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answers. 

Yes, I know. 

But the files supposed to be R3D files just like RED Helluim 8K files that are supported already on Premiere Pro. 

Aren't they? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes , the files will be R3D files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources