• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am happy to see Adobe pushing the implementaiton of transcription and titling. I have been using (and will continue the need for) French transcription and subtitling.

Aside from the challenges of accents, pace, background noise and other challenges to AI, I think it's in a decent enough place that will improve over time. However there are non-translation issues worth noting, which I have experienced.

First, the caption inpoints over time, particularly longer sequences. This of course is tedious and timeconsuming. This occurs consistently across different recordings I have tried, most of which are clean and broadcast quality.

Second, the caoption interface itself is difficult in Premiere 14, where my project is primarily based (more on issues with Premiere 15 implementation below). Changing length of titles is super buggy - in timeline it's usually not responsive after the third or fourth change per caoption clip, and likewise, in the captions window using the slider also stops working (clip frequently disappears after duration parameter altered). I ended up duplicating caoption clips to length. That changes to captions occur globally, meaning that changes in a revision are retroactive to changes in an unedited caption sequence is also pronblematic.

I do like the separate caption track, and that caoptions are separate clips instead of sections of text with sliders embeded in longer clips, with limirations as to addition and duraction of new caption text. I wish that the slider for the base level of the caption track could be manually raised, lowered, expanded or minimized, like A/V tracks, in order to keep all track elements visible, as needed in workspace.

I moved onto Premiere 15 to try workign within an 8 minute sequence that had been captioned in beta, prepared in 14, and it was unworkable. Timeline performance lag was too difficult (note there is no picture in my test, only audio and captions). Decreasing playback quality had some effect, but in Premiere 14 this is not an issue. I started project in 14 and likely will stay there - that is professionally what most editors do (as frustrating as it may be for developers) - and may try Premiere 15 after a few more updates leave the performance of this feature I need so well to be more effective.

Hope this helps and look forward to more, FB

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Feedback , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Corrcting a Typo:

First, the caption inpoints drift over time, particularly longer sequences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources