• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frustrations when editing captions

Engaged ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the most fustrating parts of editing captions is when you click into a sentence box in the Captions panel, highlight a word, use the delete key or start to edit a word, Premiere thinks you are done editing and takes you out of the edit mode. You select a word to capitalize the first letter and as soon as you release the shift key when typing the new word, you are taken out of edit mode. Or if you have to capitialize 3 letters in a row, after typing the first captial letter change, you are kicked out of edit mode. Another one, if you select the first word in the caption box and your cursor is at the tail end of the word, you hit backspace to erase the word, it disapears and takes you out of edit mode even though you are not done making corections.

I hope the captions "edit mode" can be tweaked to make this part less frustrating and time consuming. 

TOPICS
Bug , Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your feedback around caption editing. Does this happen when you use the text panel or are you editing directly in the program monitor?
There was a recent improvement on the Text panel which will prevent it from leaving editing mode while still entering text. This should become available as an update in the next days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm editing directly in the text panel / caption tab. I have also tried editing in the transcription tab prior to importing captions to the sequence and it seems to allow my changes without kicking me out of edit mode.  I have not attempted to edit text in the program monitor so I'll need to test. Thank you for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources