Is it possible to export transcription as a text file

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying out the new text transcription in the Premiere Beta. 

Is there a way to export transcibed text as a text file?

So far it works as expected, but I would like to find a way to export the transcrption as a text file - eg so that I can make use of it in writing scripts and so on.

TOPICS
Editing, Export, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to beta forum:

afbeelding.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

....?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the provide feedback button inside Premiere and request a feature.  Since there is no easy way to export clean transcribed text as a text file, request it. Let Adobe know you want and need this in your editing workflow.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet, but based upon feedback, we are working on it. We hope to have an option soon.

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look what showed up in build 27 today. Thank you Dev Team!!

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 2.09.02 PM.png

The export to text file worked for me, but the Export transcript menu option needs some work. It won't save as a text file or allow me to change the file name or extension when the save as dialog opens up.  I fully understand this is a work in progress. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 2.07.03 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines