• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcuts are disabled on second screen

Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a desktop with 2 screens. After recent Beta updates, the keyboard shortcuts are not working anymore when I'm working inside of a panel on my second screen, for example, if I have a timeline on my second screen. all shortcuts don't work at all (even play, delete...), while if I get back to the first screen and work within another timeline there everything works fine.

I'm on windows 10

TOPICS
Bug , Error , Question

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Update: After restarting PPro the bug gets back.

I've found the exact description of the bug: if you have any floating panels, keyboard shortcuts and drag and drop operations won't work inside of those after restarting PPro, until you dock those to the main window and undock them again.

This is a screen capture:

https://youtu.be/d2s36n3vbRg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have replicated this bug. 

While we have people's attention, PLEASE FIX THE TIMELINE TAB TIMECODE BUG DVAPR-4217854

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the confirmation, it's really hard to work with Beta now with that bug, but I'm working now with a multi-camera project (all 4K) and the big performance boost in the video decoding keeps me on Beta (the best new feature ever!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further testing: It's not related to the screen, but keyboard shortcuts will not work with any panel that is not docked with the main window of PPro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further testing: It's not related to the screen, but keyboard shortcuts will not work with any panel that is not docked with the main window of PPro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, all drag and drop operations don't work (applying effects using drag and drop, moving clips in the timeline...) if the panel is not docked to the main PPro window (windows 10)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work across two screens all the time. Main UI panel, and a second screen where I've a "panel group" in all workspaces that always includes the Projects panel, Production panel, Source monitor panel, and sometimes effects panel.

I can use shortcuts there without any problem whatever. So ... huh.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, it happens with me only with the latest builds of Beta, are you on Beta?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using both public beta & full release, without this problem on both. On a Win10 machine.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, I made this screen capture for you so you can see the problem:
https://youtu.be/rzfh8CvHICw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

private link, can't see it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for that, fixed now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Floating a second timeline panel over the worskpace ... I've never actually seen that before, interesting. Well, I haven't tried that specifically!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's to show what's happening. That's what happens with panels docked on my second screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I've switched my workspace to another saved layout, and the bug disappeared! I can't even replicate the bug now. Looks like it was related to the workspace somehow. I'll continue working and see if it will happen again (hope not)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: After restarting PPro the bug gets back.

I've found the exact description of the bug: if you have any floating panels, keyboard shortcuts and drag and drop operations won't work inside of those after restarting PPro, until you dock those to the main window and undock them again.

This is a screen capture:

https://youtu.be/d2s36n3vbRg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to the latest version of Premier Pro and I have this issue now.  Has there been any headway on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too.  Are you trying to say that the problem still exists?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All you have to do is to "Reset your workspace to saved layout" each time you restart Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried doing that.  I have also tried docking and undocking the floating windows to the main window with no success.  I have a program called AHK Windows Spy, and the window title goes blank when I move off the main window...even after doing the steps you indicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our sincerest apologies. We are working to fix these issues with undocked panels and/or panels across multiple monitors, ASAP. 

You can find more information at FAQ: How to solve issues related to undocked panels in Premiere Pro v14.5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue for me.  I have done what ali_jaber did, but it has not fixed the problem.  I have Auto Hot Key with Windows Spy, and when I switch from the main window on my primary screen to the second window on my second screen the window title goes blank.  It seems that adobe is not treating the second window as a part of the main project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the latest Beta: The bug is fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The undocked panels and/or panels across multiple monitor issues should be fixed in Premiere Pro 14.6 Beta 045, which is now available for download in Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happened to me starting today on two monitors and a Mac. The fix seems to be if you toggle between a default workspace and back to your custom workspace, the bug disappears. When I restart the project it doesn't come back either so it's a fast solve! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources