• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Marker panel behavior not expected, bug?

LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In normal practice with Premiere, clip markers show in the Markers panel if any clip is selected in a timeline. Sequence markers show if no clips are selected in a timeline.

And if "show clip markers in sequence" is selected, when no clips are selected in the timeline, all markers clip or sequence are shown.

But in the current public beta 14.3.2(build 39) I can't get both clip and sequence markers to show.

If 'show clip ...' isn't selected, it works as typical. Nothing selected, Marker panel shows sequence markers. Clip selected, Marker panel shows clip markers.

But when I check "show clip ... " ... it just shows clip markers period, whether or not any clip is selected. And does NOT show sequence markers whether any clip is selected or not.

Neil

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

I'm not seeing the different behavior you're talking about. I've double checked in 2019 (13.1.5), 2020 (14.3.1) and Beta (14.3.2) and I'm seeing the same behavior in all versions:

"Show all clip markers in sequence": OFF

- if no clips are selected, only sequence markers are shown

- if a single clip is selected, that clip's clip markers are shown, no sequence markers are shown

- if multiple clips are selected, nothing is shown

"Show all clip markers in sequence": ON

- if no clips are selected

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you describe there is the correct behavior. The idea behind "Show all clip markers in sequence" is to do exactly that: hide sequence markers and show every clip marker on every clip in the sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is the behavior different from the public 2020 and the public beta 2020?

In the public beta, there is no way to show all markers in a sequence, as there is in the release version. You can only see the clip markers or the sequence markers, not both.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing the different behavior you're talking about. I've double checked in 2019 (13.1.5), 2020 (14.3.1) and Beta (14.3.2) and I'm seeing the same behavior in all versions:

"Show all clip markers in sequence": OFF

- if no clips are selected, only sequence markers are shown

- if a single clip is selected, that clip's clip markers are shown, no sequence markers are shown

"Show all clip markers in sequence": ON

- if no clips are selected, every clip marker is shown and no sequence markers are shown

- if a single clip is selected, every clip marker is shown and no sequence markers are shown

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Friday, I was getting all markers shown in three different projects in the released Premiere, if "Show all" was on and no clip selected.

Today, I'm getting the behavior as noted in your last post.

Sigh.

This sort of difference drives me batty at times. And there is no way to simply show all markers ... normally.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources