• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Massive performance drops since update

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a 24" iMac with 16gb of ram for my work and it has been fantastic until Adobe's last update. Since then, it just keeps getting worse and worse. It started by being unable to play 4k120, where before I had no issues whatsoever, but today all of a sudden I can't even play 4k60. Not even one second… I also the get the "audio and video clock out of sync" error message. 

I have checked the activity monitor, as soon as I try to play a clip, Premiere Pro goes up to 700-800% of CPU usage and temperature reaches 99ºC. Out of nowhere, I simply can't work anymore. I can't even scrub through a clip, the preview doesn't even change… I have not installed anything else, I have not changed anything and the video settings are the exact same as they were a month ago. 

Is anyone experiencing something similar? 😕 the only temporary solution I found is to convert all the material to Apple ProRes… but this slows down the workflow and requieres yet more space.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lakonur,

Can you provide the following info that will help us in making progress here:

- Are you trying on Version 22.0.0 Beta (build 23)?

- What is the media codec that you are using?

Does the sequence have any effects on top of the clip?

Would it be possible for you to share the project file so that it can be investigated further, sample project/sample media would also suffice.

Thanks,

Swati Soman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Swati,

Thanks your answering, appreciated. Regarding your questions:

- Correct, 22.0.0 Beta build 23 running on an M1 machine
- HEVC 
- No effects, I can't even preview the clips in the media browser. When you hit play, it plays for 0.1 seconds and the lags its way to the end without even showing any new frame. 
- Project is empty, I couldn't start anything with that performance.

The issue with the 4k/120 is similar, but at least I could play 1 or 2 seconds before it started to be unbearable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lakonur for the details!

I tested using few HEVC 4K 60, 120fps clips and it was playing fine.

Would it be possible for you to share a sample media clip with which we can reproduce the issue at our end?  If not, please share the complete media info of the files you are using (Properties of clip in project panel). This would help us proceed quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could share plenty of media, but it's nothing unique:

DSCF9454 3840 x 2160
00;03;24;27,
29,97 fps 48000 Hz -
Stereo Color Space: Rec. 709

Clips are nothing special, it happens with Fujifilm vids, Canon vids, Panasonic vids… in 4k30, 4k60, 4k120. I've reached a moment where I can no longer work with Premiere. When I click somewhere in the timeline, expecting the preview to change to that point in the video, that change alone takes 3-4 seconds and makes the computer go absolutely crazy reaching incredibly high temperatures.

I'm testing now reinstalling, see if that does something… 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your response.

Please help with below information :

1. Chroma subsampling of the clips that you are using ? Are they 4:2:0 or 4:2:2 ? If clips are 4:2:2, please try with few 4:2:0 clips.

2. Please try cleaning media cache and see if that helps.

Thanks,

Umang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources