Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Master Style in Essential Graphics

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this missing or moved somewhere?

Another related question, can I apply the Master Style to the Caption track?

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Question

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They've adopted a more "inclusive" language, so Master is a word that shall not be spoken anymore. It's simply "Styles" now.

And yes, the Captions track is set for font/size/color & placement from the Essential Graphics panel, and you can create styles for that also.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Neil,  'Master Stlye' was a way to take a template and apply it to all subtitles in the timeline. I don't see this in the Beta version.  I could not apply this template to a caption track in the same way in 2020 version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the page where they explain their changes.

Terminology changes in Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Audition

The name of the line changed in the normal EGP function, they just dropped the word "Master". So "Master style" became simply "Style". The function of that line is supposedly the same.

On my Beta, when I'm in the Captions workspace, and have a captions track selected/active, there is a "Track Style" line in the EGP, and that is where I can set my style for that track. What used to be the "Master" style. And I can set that either after creating the track or when I'm creating the track. One of the options when clicking the "Create Captions Track" button is "Style".

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the chart with the changes.  'Source Graphic" is similar for gfx to what 'Master Style' was for text elements.  I'll see if that works for the sub-titles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources