• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mixed DPI Dual Screen Issues

Enthusiast ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been an issue for a few years in Premiere. It may be a bit niche but it's one that is pretty annoying.

Steps to reproduce:

- System Dual monitor setup with one "normal DPI (~72ppi)" and one "high DPI (4k)" Display :  

Normal.png 

An image of my dual monitor setup. 

- Drag a bin or other premiere window into a second display (dual monitor interface)

Transmit Setup.png

- Turn on transmit

Transmit Issue.png

- Transmit does not properly scale to one display but instead bleeds into your primary workspace. 

The transmit issue is just one of the issues Premier has in a mixed DPI setting. I would love if Premiere was DPI independent and scaled it's windows properly no matter what display they were on. The interface always awkwardly scales on whatever display is not the OS "primary" DPI setting. I.E. The interaces appears somewhat less sharp. Other modern apps such as Chrome and Windows Exploer manage but Premiere and other Adobe apps have had a hard time with a mixed DPI environment. Definitely room for improvement! 

Thanks. 

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?