Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Captions Beta Arabic Support

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

The new captions beta is brilliant, however it is not supporting Right to Left, even when importing or adding Arabic text...
The text shows correctly while writing in the Captions Panel, and in the Subtitle's Track on the Timeline, 
However on the Program Monitor (the video itself) it's Left to Right and Disconnected, no matter what font I use, 

Please help on this, 
Thank you!

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Feedback , Question

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marhaba Rawad,

Now, I'm not a Premiere Pro user, however, I was able to create a title layer, not a caption layer. At first, the letters were disjointed similar to what you had, but when I changed the Text Engine settings in Preferences, new Arabic text that I typed showed properly.

Here are my settings (just use any Arabic font)

Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 1.33.30 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ziad,

I appreciate your reply, however this does not solve the problem as this is related to the captioning workflow that dedicates a new track exclusively for subtitles/captions, 

I've always added text layers in arabic with no issue as you mentioned, that just doesn't apply to the new Caption tool in Beta 15 of Premiere Pro CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wonder if you want to post your Caption question to this relevant post, I think your Arabic-related question will get better attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources