• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Subtitles track UI problem. anyone else?

Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so i just tried out the upcoming captions feature in the current beta and seem to have a glitch or an unsolved issue with the UI.

With the new Subtitles \ Captions - when trying to adjust the size of the tracks. it doesnt work properly like with the audio and video tracks.

I cant pull down the main divider between the subtitles and the video tracks and also when i alt scroll over the subtitle track to change the track size it pushes everything up and out of view.

just wanted to report this and see if anyone else is experiencing it?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

The Caption tracks differ a bit from A/V tracks, especially when it comes to track sizing. Caption tracks are currently a set size and cannot be resized via dragging the track header line, like you can with A/V tracks. There are some open issues like the zoom bar for scroll should be disabled and some shortcuts may still caue Caption track resizing issues. In the future (TBD), there will be some set Caption track size options. 

The Caption track divider line is also designed to not be draggabl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Caption tracks differ a bit from A/V tracks, especially when it comes to track sizing. Caption tracks are currently a set size and cannot be resized via dragging the track header line, like you can with A/V tracks. There are some open issues like the zoom bar for scroll should be disabled and some shortcuts may still caue Caption track resizing issues. In the future (TBD), there will be some set Caption track size options. 

The Caption track divider line is also designed to not be draggable (cannot resize). You will also notice that when adding Caption tracks, they will stop taking additional space once you have reached 25% of the Timeline space and provide scroll bars (which is dynamic, so will change depending on your Timeline panel vertical height).

All of these changes for Caption tracks were done to limit the amount of space the Caption tracks can take within the Timeline panel. The goal was to not hinder A/V tracks, which have greater importance for customers.

All that said, please let us know how you feel about these changes along with any recommendations.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks for the reply and for clearing this up. i assumed it acted the same so its good to know now what to expect.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trent, 

Where are these options? Have they arrived yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See this discussion in the regular forum:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/caption-track-height/m-p/12418001#M370479

I don't know whether there have been any changes, since I did not discover some of this until much later.

I did some testing just the other day in 22.4.0. I have not rechecked the results. This is what I think:

There are a number of mostly unassigned Keyboard customizations; e.g. showing certain streams (up to 10); Ctrl-Y Show All [caption tracks? Unclear how this works, particularly if using Alt-scroll to adjust track height].

Alt-Scroll affects the track under the cursor when scrolled (not when Alt is pressed)
Shft-Scroll affects all tracks even though hovering over any one. It may or may not affect evenly; unsure.

Alt/Shft-Scroll appears to result in scroll bar disappearing on right side. Closing and reopening sequence a) keeps the track height changes and b) brings back the scroll bars. Do the scroll bars disappear again? It appeared not once reopened.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also immediately expected to be able to resize the caption divider line like I can move the audio video divider line. It helps me alot the space in my timeline panel the way I'd like and is frustrating to not be able to change..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources