• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Panasonic S1H 5.9k files look underexposed in the newest beta version

Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the newest beta of Premiere Panasonic S1H 5.9k files started to look way underexposed. 4K ALL-I files look normal. I think this started to happen few beta versions ago. Anyone else having this issue?

5.9k:

Kimblah_1-1586524675404.png

4K ALL-I:

Kimblah_0-1586524578995.png

No effects applied and both these files have exactly same exposure settings (shot in VLOG) and shoud look identical. And few versions ago they looked the same.

System info
    Application: Premiere Pro (Beta) v14.2.0.15
    OS: Windows v10.0.18363, RAM: 63.88 GB, CPUs (logical): 32

TOPICS
Bug , Question

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

As Manish said earlier,  We have identified a similar issue and the fix for that is included in Premiere Pro (Beta) v14.2.0.29.

It will be helpful if you can check on the latest beta and confirm if that fix solve the issue discussed in this thread too.

Thanks,

Chetan

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't show the timeline so we can't see the clips to see if there's the red line under the FX icon in the clip indicating that a MasterClip effect has been applied ... have you checked the MasterClip tab to see if Premiere is setting something on those dark clips?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No MasterClip effects applied. 5.9k file has just been set to frame size in an UHD timeline. But it doesn't matter if it is UHD or 5.9k timeline. Edit: Just tried it on my other computer and same is happening there also. So seems to be a bug.

5.9k:

Kimblah_1-1586592087747.png

4K ALL-I:

Kimblah_2-1586592133269.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are those recorded in-cam or on an Atomos recorder?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both recorded in-cam. 5.9k files work fine on non-beta Premiere and worked also fine couple of beta versions ago. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post (or send to me directly) a link to download the Panasonic S1H 5.9k footage which is looking under-exposed?

Manish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I send you a file directly?

Kimmo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can send me a Private Message with a link to download, for example from Dropbox or Google Drive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can also reproduce this with GH5 4:3 6k footage. I can provide some samples if needed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have identified the problem and a fix is in progress. If you are able to send additional footage for our testing, please send me a Private Message with a download link. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Manish said earlier,  We have identified a similar issue and the fix for that is included in Premiere Pro (Beta) v14.2.0.29.

It will be helpful if you can check on the latest beta and confirm if that fix solve the issue discussed in this thread too.

Thanks,

Chetan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This seems to be fixed now in v14.2.0.29. 

-Kimmo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources