• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback 4K H264 often jumps back and forth

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

playing back 4K H264 25p clips in a sequence looks definitely smoother then in previous versions.

But now I am expereincing a problem seemingly caused by positioning the playhead in the sequence a few times.....simply repositioning the cursor (no hectic clicking ! ) a few times .....

..then the playback plays a few frames , then jumps back a bit , plays a few frames more, jumps back a bit a.s.o  back-forth-back-forth.

..for me it looks like a still existing cacheproblem.

that behaviour stays forever until i switch of MercuryPlayback-Cuda back to Software only.

Under "Software only" it still behaves the same ...until I switchback to CUDA.....then it plays smoothly until.....see above ...

btw. the option "preview cache" is only "without / no /ohne" selectable ...no other otion available.

I am on a HP Zbbok 360 G5 with

Nvidia Quadro P1000  driver 442.92

Win10 Ver 1909

PremierePro 14.2 build5

TOPICS
Bug , Feedback , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

additional to my report i found, that it does not make any difference in repositioning the cursor, or simply let it play...the effect occurs always quite after approx 60seconds of playback.

It is reproducable either with 25fps and 29,97fps material.

Is there possibly a playbackcache which erroneous will not be flushed , and is therefor full after 60sec ? It looks to me like an old problem some people reportet already in 2017 !?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources