• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pr Beta 14.8.0.14 - Media Replacement still not working in Pr Beta and Ae Beta 17.6.0.25

Participant ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using the .mogrt file provided by Adobe for "Media Replace" but it is not working in Pr Beta 14.8.0.14 -  and Ae Beta 17.6.0.25. Is Adobe aware of this? 

Adobe_After_Effects_(Beta)_-_EAdobe_CC_Templates 11-24 at 02.12 AM.png

TOPICS
Bug , Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting black screen when using your new Media Replacement in Motion Graphics feature

Adobe_Premiere_Pro_(Beta)_-_DVideosProjectsYou 11-20 at 12.43 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file that Adobe provides to test out Media Replacement in Premiere Pro does not work because the feature is no longer working in After Effects Beta: 

Adobe_After_Effects_(Beta)_-_DVideosProjectsAe 11-23 at 10.05 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MrSenpai

We've been having some major Mogrt issues over the last week or so and are working on fixes. In the meantime, can you try switching Premiere to Software-Only mode to see if that resolves the issue in Premiere?

Re AE: It looks like the feature is not enabled. Can you check Beta Menu > Enable Feature in the top bar and see if there is a checkmark next to Media Replacement? Please select this and relaunch the app and lemme know if that changes things. You will want to open a fresh download of the .aep though, i.e. one that hasn't been opened in AE when the feature is turned off. 

Lemme know if either of those workarounds do the trick or not! 

Thanks, 

Dacia

- Dacia Saenz, AE Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dacia,

So your right about After Effects, I did not have it enabled, so I went ahead and did "Beta Menu > Enable Feature" and its now working in After Effects; however, in Premiere Pro Beta it is still not working. As you can see, the screen goes black and the position and scale controls for both media files become greyed out, so they are not able to be changed/edited. 

Adobe_Premiere_Pro_(Beta)_-_DVideosProjectsTes 11-25 at 05.49 PM.png

Changing to Software-Only mode, fixed the black screen problem but didnt fix the other problems + it introduced a new screen tearing problem:

11-25 at 05.54 PM.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok cool happy we've got you mostly back on track. Unfortunately, we are still working to resolve the GPU issue. I will definitely let you know when the build with the fix is uploaded to Beta. 

Thanks for reporting the issues with the Program Monitor and Software Mode. Let me investigate a bit further with the team that works on that. 

Cheers,

Dacia

- Dacia Saenz, AE Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Dacia,

So heres my most recent findings from Pr Beta 14.8.0.22: https://streamable.com/5mwfee  

As you can see, the preview window is still a black screen, unless you go to the first frame of the clip, then you can see the background image but not the foreground one. Very weird.

11-30 at 06.48 PM.gif

Also, the preview window works once you replace the embedded media with your own. As you can see in video, the screen was black, but once I dragged my media to the essential graphics panel, then the mogrt previewed correctly. 

11-30 at 06.46 PM.gif

I hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources