• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem-Premier Pro BETA/Sony a7s3 Glitching

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been driving myself crazy trying to isolate an issue I'm having in the Premier Pro Beta. I'm getting random glitches in my footage, that are not present in the source files. I've also attached my sequence settings and export settings.

Clip, straight of of camera:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZALg9h_VDLM

Premier Export, 100%, 20% and 20% w/ color:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgx4ZT2YlwQ

The glitching you're seeing in the exported version is not the same as I'm seeing in program. it changes time and location, but it is still present.

Machine: Mac Mini M1 w/ 16gb of ram

Camerea: Sony a7s3, 4K XAVC-S 120p 4:2:2

** Project and files are all from an external drive

So far I have tried:

-adjusting Lumetri options (takes a glitch away here, adds another one somewhere else)

-deleted Lumetri and exported raw (no help)

-1080 timeline (no help)

Any help would be appreciated - I have several hours into this now and it's driving me crazy. Happy to provide additional informaiton if needed. Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here... Slightly different settings, so it isn't just due to being 4k or 120p

Machine: Mac Mini M1 w/ 16gb of ram

Camera: Sony a7s3,  XAVC-S HS 24p 4:2:2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clarification on the above: I'm getting the same flickering in both 1080 and 4k for XAVC-S 4:2:2 regardless of the framerate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys, have you found a solution to this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Have switched back to the Intel version instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, this is on premiere beta version M1 16gb ram, every time glitches just jump around randomly and even on export and there is no issue on the raw footage and there is no issue in Resolve also 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same issue... this is so frustrating!!! Is there any way to solve the problem ? Thank you in advance 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm having the same issue with my video project. It appears the original 4K 60 fps 

A7Siii footage doesn't have any glitches but when I bring the video into Premiere Pro CC on my M1 MacBook Air at first there weren't any glitches but now when I export the sequence, the glitches are present in the rendered video file. I feel like I've tried everything...Very frustrating! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the intel version of premiere pro on your M1 mac mini. 

Go to creative cloud, click the options beside Premiere and you will find the Intel version listed there. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this problem is a Mac mini M1 problem. I realized that when I run the Intel version of premiere pro (Still on my Mac M1) the glitches disappear. Incase you are wondering how to run the Intel version, if you go to creative cloud and click on the options beside premiere pro, you will find Intel version listed among the dropdown options.

One thing though, Intel version of premiere pro isn't as fast as the M1 version but as long as it gets rid of the glitches, I'm fine with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought it was M1 specific, but one of our editors has the same issues on the intel version as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Cannot isolate the glitches. They are present in the timeline, but are never at the same point in export. My only solution so far was to export a pro-res file, bring it back in, and cover all of the clips that had the glitches with the original footage and keep re-exporting until they went away. 

ADOBE, YOURE KILLING ME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg,

Sorry for the issue. The devs have a bug filed on 10 bit 4:2:2 XAVC footage from Sony cameras and I've heard that they are working on a fix now. Sorry about that.

I'd say use a different codec if you can (8 bit 4:2:0 perhaps?) or transcode. You can also roll back a version. Not the best options, but there you have it. It's a codec issue, so it won't matter the computer you have. Apologies as I know this is hitting a lot of people both in beta and 15.4.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin. I also shot 10 bit 4:2:2 XAVC with Sony A73. The only issue is there are glitches in the transcodes to PRO RES as well. I also tried PRO RES HQ. Same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any knowledge of when this will be fixed? Worked through a large project and am now stuck to either completely re-edit in Davinci Resolve, or to wait it out. 

Using the M1 Mac Mini 

Sony A7Siii 4k 60. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem on my new 24" IMAC. I also have a Macbook Pro, and brought the footage over to the Macbook Pro and it played and exported just fine. My shots were in 24P 4:2:2 XAVC 10 bit as well on the Sony A7Siii. I thought it was my SD card at first, confirmed it is premiere. Waiting on the fix, in the meantime I'll switch back to intel version and see if it helps, and keep editing on my macbook. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone i just noticed the same issue with Sony a7siii and not with any other cameras (Canon) i have just started using mac mini m1 and some issues other than this cane up in the premiere which is naive and does not run under Rosetta 2 but once i run it under Rosetta 2 it fixed my problem and i can't really see any glitches on the footage anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @greg1549 @fanaeian @timc56835882 @sethg71151991 @dhsimon @Meshna @Pieter570 @Camilla Baptistin @ivanp27539531 @defaultfyaza188vxam @cinedu @charlesu93476772 @tharpey 

Sorry again for this issue. We have enabled Hardware Acceleration decode of HEVC/H264 4:2:2 10 bit on Mac ARM systems in the latest Premiere Pro Beta builds. We expect the issue to get fix in the latest beta build(starting from build 58). 

Please download the latest Premiere Pro Beta build from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta)

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

You can have a look at the announcement here: 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta/discuss-hardware-acceleration-decode-for-4-2-2-10-b...

Please let us know how it goes for you. Rest assured that we are actively monitoring this issue.

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mayjain 

My colleague suggested reverting back to 14.9. Another Adobe rep suggested booting 15 up in 'intel' mode. do you think both of these suggestions would fix the issue?

if so, what is the benefit of using the beta instead?

I am going to be working w a team of editors and I am in charge of all the exports so I need to find an option that lets everybody edit fine and then have me open it and export without these glitches. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @eliseinwonderland ,

Sorry for replying late. You can use any of the options you mentioned to fix the issue, for the time being. Many users have mentioned they used these options to avoid the glitch at least to unblock them. 

Using Beta builds will give you better performance with 422 10 bit HEVC/H264 files. This means that your plaback performance for files that use this codec will be faster. 

Having said that, this improvement will ultimately be available in normal builds too. This improvement is on track to be available there also. You can wait for sometime if it doesn't impact your work and installing beta doesn't seem a priority to you.

Thanks,

Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources