Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems running Beta program to test the speech text feature

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe:

I'm having trouble troubleshooting the program as when I uploaded a video to test, I can't get the playhead to move, I can hear the audio but on the timeline, I see no movement in the timeline?

Before the error message read "audio and video clock out of sync in adobe player"
But now the error message disappears but still have the same problem
Not sure how to go about addressing the problem of the beta app and required technical assistance
so I may be able to test the speech to text feature:

Here's a list of what I tried that didn't solve the problem.

1) restart the computer,

2) restart premiere pro.

3) switch to a single display monitor,

4) Clear and delete the media cache file

5) charge audio hardware settings.

Again The video still won't play on the timeline, the playhead bar won't move but I can hear the audio loud and clear. I've attached a video to demo the problem for your convenience.

Please advise.

Thanks!!!!

TOPICS
Bug , Error , Feedback , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sl3p,

Sorry for the playback issues. If you do have an input device, like a mic, or even built in, try setting it to that instead of None. I use the System Defaults. Hope we can help you get this working.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin. 

Hope you can see this message. I had some trouble logging in and had to reply on Twitter. A rep by the name of Shivangi was to send some updates in that I'm still unable to operate Beta 15.0 running the speech text feature as I am on a PC environment not Mac and seeing what I can do to get it running ?

Please advise

Robert. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

The sample clip you sent to me works perfectly, so I think it's releated to your system somehow. Please check Preferences > Audio Hardware and embed a screenshot (don't attach - embed please).

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin:

I'm afraid I"m doing a poor job explaining my the problem. You are asking about my audio hardware and I stated in the last few times it's about the video, not playing on the program window.

A ZOOM call may help clarify things, as I'm talking about the Video not playing in the program window or the playhead moving on the timeline and yet you bring up audio. Is there a day and time we could schedule a call?

Please advise.

Thanks!

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps this image will help illustrate the problem of what is not working and what's not moving on the timeline.  Audio I can hear

adobe problem.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again this is BETA 15.0  NOT Creative Cloud where I"m expereiencing difficulties

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sl3p 

Need a bit more info to help you troubleshoot.

- What version of Windows are you using?

- What Graphics card (GPU) are you using? Are drivers up to date?

- What type of media are you using in your sequence? (Codec)

- Does the media in your example play back in VLC or any other media player?

- Is the media on your local drive, external drive, shared network storage?

- Have you installed the latest versions of the beta apps since they update daily / weekly?

- Have you created a completely new project from scratch and imported the same media to see if it plays?

- Have you tried uninstalling the beta software, reinstalling, rebooting and trying a new project?

- Does the same media playback without issue in the shipping public version of Premiere (v14.9)?

- One last thing to check, change your Program monitor resolution to Full , your example video shows it at 1/2. Under the wrench menu in the Program Monitor check if High Quality Playback and Transmit are cheked.

Hopefully answering some of these questions a solution can be figured out and get you back up and running.

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andy I'm recriving your info now and will make every reasonable effort to have your answers tomorrow.  

Robert (aka @sl3p)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need a bit more info to help you troubleshoot.

1- What version of Windows are you using?

Window’s 10

2- What Graphics card (GPU) are you using? Are drivers up to date?

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070Ti 8GB GDDR5, Yes

3- What type of media are you using in your sequence? (Codec)

Either, mp4, mts mov.   The error happens when it’s all in one version,

Or if we have to do it mix, we’ll format so they’re identical, or make sure they play nice with each other

4- Does the media in your example play back in VLC or any other media player?

Yes it works on VLC

5)- Is the media on your local drive, external drive, shared network storage?

Mostly Local drive, there may be some projects are on shared, but try to pull shared

In local drive

6)- Have you installed the latest versions of the beta apps since they update daily / weekly? 

I only saw the 15.0 Beta Premiere Pro to download and said I’m up to date

7) - Have you created a completely new project from scratch and imported the same media to see if it plays?

Correct I have and still have the problem

8) - Have you tried uninstalling the beta software, reinstalling, rebooting and trying a new project?

Correct I have and still have the problem

9- Does the same media playback without issue in the shipping public version of Premiere (v14.9)?

Correct I show the same problem In 14.9, when I update to 15.0 I still have the same program.

10 - One last thing to check, change your Program monitor resolution to Full , your example video shows it at 1/2. Under the wrench menu in the Program Monitor check if High Quality Playback and Transmit are cheked.

Ok I have set it to Full, checked HQ playback and see transmit are checked, and still show the problem

Hopefully answering some of these questions a solution can be figured out and get you back up and running.

I"m still showing the same problem, but in my earlier comment with Kevin had recommend a ZOOM call, and still get the sense that may be the next step if the answers I provide does not help us figure what's going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

Looks like you have a codec issue with your media files since the files playback in VLC and not in Premiere.  What software or camera are you using to create the files you are importing into Premiere? Please provide as much detail as possible. If you have a program like MediaInfo, you can open up your file in the MediaInfo and get a lot more details about the codec / file.

Certain older video codecs were removed in the 2020 version of Premiere that were previously supported in the 2019 version of Premeire. You might be running into an issue where these files worked in older versions of Premeire and are no longer supported.

Since the files playback in VLC, can you export them out as another format and see if the file flipped plays back in Premiere beta?  Since Premiere does not see the files properly, you might not be able to use Media Encoder to transcode / flip the files to another codec format. 

When you import the files, do you get a warning that the files are unsupported even though they import into the project window? Have you tried importing your files through the media browser vs. the import menu?

Check this support article and see if you have run into any of these issues:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/troubleshoot-MTS-files.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy:

Hope you can see this message. I had some trouble logging in and now able to connect.  Wheneve we import footage it's using adobe media encoder but haven't had a warning message that I could recall when uploading, so not sure if it's encoding issue?  So I'm still uncertain what the cause to the problem?

Please advise

Robert. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

A little confusion here. When you say "we import footage it's using adobe media encoder" do you mean media browser? If not, please explain your workflow as I don't use media encoder "to import" my footage into Premiere. I use media encoder to transcode or "flip" my media to another codec / format. Probably a misunderstanding in the post, but more clarification will help solve the issue.

Please provide more details of your workflow on how you capture your media.  What software or hardware do you use to capture your media you use in Premiere? What are the exact details of the media codec you are using to bring into Premiere?  MP4 or MTS is just a wrapper for the media.  Providing more details would be helpful to reproduce the problem.

Lastly, if you have been previously using this workflow on a consistant basis, when did your media stop playing in Premiere? Did your editing process work before in previous versions of Premiere (2018, 2019) and when did it stop working? What version of Premiere did this stop working?

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy:

Apologies, I misspoke, what I meant to say is that when videos aren't being seen or heard in Premiere Pro we use Handbrake to convert and import into Premiere Pro, and then when we output it, we use a Media encoder.

I'll admit I'm not sure I understand your question on encoders?  The sequence settings we use are from the presets from Adobe?  So it's using the Adobe's settings.  I'll admit I'm flying blind as I don't deal with a lot of codec issues so I'm not sure what to do beyond... going in the sequence settings to try to adjust but it's not working, We saw it was set at i framem peg as a preivew file format, and switch to quicktime but that didn't work.   

In the past, the sequence setting hasn't been a problem importing directly the raw footage into the timeline as is to edit, and when problems occur we can use the handbrake.  The Regular Premiere Pro we are at 14.9 and it's working fine.

The problem occurs ONLY in Premiere Pro Beta. I do have the latest Beta 15.0 installed, and when I try to drag the footage directly into the timeline, only the audio portion of the video.  Raw, converted, any form of videos it does not play.   No videos are moving in the video program window.

So I'm not really certain what to do beyond this point and that was why I had recommended to Kevin of a Zoom call to deal direct to clarify but I'm presuming that scared him off on that notion it has a huge potential of a time suck, or he hasn't had a chance to read up on what I post?

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLUTION FOUND.  

Turns out the correction to the problem can be found in the playback settings.   Some reason the playback was set to an NDI and once I checked it to the adobe DV it worked!  🙂

fixed visual problem in adobe.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Robert,

Great! Glad you were able to find a solution. 

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources