Proxy not attached when using Productions

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I am trying out Productions, and have made a production with two projects inside. One for sequences and one for material.

I have imported a video file to the material project, and used said file for edit a quick edit in the sequence project. Then I have closed the sequence project and create a proxy file of the video.

I then reopen the sequence project where I have used the video file (which now has a proxy attached) but in my timeline, the proxy does not work. I reopen the material project, reload the footage to the viewer from the bin, toggle proxies in the viewer, and that works, but not in the timeline.

If I delete the clips from the timeline, and put them back from the viewer the proxy now works.

I have tried to "make offline" from the sequence, and also restarted the project in a hope that this would refresh the media, but this did not help.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 06, 2020
mattchristensen Adobe Employee , Apr 06, 2020
Yep, I can see this is happening in 14.2. I'll make sure this gets logged as a bug and looked at. Thank you!

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I can see this is happening in 14.2. I'll make sure this gets logged as a bug and looked at. Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Matt!

Just upgraded to 14.3.2 and this issue does not appear to be solved. Do you know if it is being looked at?

Thanks!

Br,

Torbjørn

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue hasn't been fixed yet. One workaround you can try is to take your sequence and move it across projects into the project containing the source clips. Then, move it back. That should now allow it to use the proxies.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me! I tried the workaround, and it kinda worked. When moving the sequence to the project with the source clips it quite correctly attached the proxies, but this link was again broken when moving it back to its original project. The workaround for the workaround was to create a new project for the sequence and moving the sequence there after reattaching the proxies. Now it works! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any news if this problem is going to be solved in the next versions as in 14.5 it's still not working?
Thank yoo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, no updates on this issue yet.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem Solved in Premiere Pro v14.9!!!  Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, never mind... NOT SOLVED.   

BUT, I did find a NEW Workaround that so far has been completely stable:

1) In your media project, attach proxies.  

2) Then select all footage, right click and select "Make Offline..." and select "Media Files Remain on Disk"  (your other projects will now automaticly load the proxy footage.  (Note: You're leaving the proxies attached while unlinking the original media)

3) Now right click again and select "Link Media..." and reatatch your original media

Your other Production Projects will now see both the Original and Proxy files and you can toggle between them.

Even new Project files and Sequences that are created after the relink show both Original and Proxies.  

results in: Premiere Pro v14.9 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines