• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Open captions text not centre aligned with background

Enthusiast ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing this won't ever be fixed because there's a brand new (incompatible with older versions) captioning workflow coming in PPro. Except that it doesn't currently work - at all. I can add a caption, and while the video is playing in PPro, it displays correctly. But as soon as I stop playback, it vanishes. And when I export video, it vanishes too. (And I'm using open captions).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Beta captioning is very early and not ready for real work. 

BUT it will import .srt (not sure what other caption formats) AND the captions are available as Graphics text. 

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I turn off Mercury/hardware acceleration, it kind of works, with lots of bugs and weirdness. But I did actally manage to create some captions and export it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for reporting. As you noted, you can export burned in. FYI, they have not yet added the ability to export a sidecar (e.g. .srt) from the new captions.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources