• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Attributes

Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Premiere Pro, "Remove Attributes" works at the local level in the effects controls, but does not work with the Master settings in the effects controls, in both cc2020 and this Beta version (v14.4.0 build 28).

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Remove Attriutes has never touched Master Clip effects. Because normal (sequence) effects and Master Clip effects are seen by the program as different things.

Master Clip effects are not sequence effects ... they are tied in internal metadata to the clip in the bin. Not to any clip on a sequence. So removing sequence attributes ... effects applied to a clip on a sequence ... does not affect Master Clip attributes.

Remember, Master Clip effects are applied to that clip anywhere it's used in a

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove Attriutes has never touched Master Clip effects. Because normal (sequence) effects and Master Clip effects are seen by the program as different things.

Master Clip effects are not sequence effects ... they are tied in internal metadata to the clip in the bin. Not to any clip on a sequence. So removing sequence attributes ... effects applied to a clip on a sequence ... does not affect Master Clip attributes.

Remember, Master Clip effects are applied to that clip anywhere it's used in a project. Change the Master Clip tab, you're not just changing it for that sequence, but every where it's used in the project.

For us users, they seem a bit odd, but that's the way this is built. I do think it would be nice to be able to have different Master Clip settings for different uses in sequences for the way that would allow aggregating effects. But the engineers note that would cause issues on their end to fix.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Neil,

Once again, you provided a logical and understandable answer to my question.

A few days ago, I submitted a Premiere Pro feature request to allow exports with video and/or audio Fx to be muted.

This remove master effects attributes is a distant cousin to that feature request.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Joseph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're most welcome ... and I love the suggestion for the option on 'muting' all effects for exporting.

More control options is always more better, right?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, one thing I thought I'd add. In Productions mode, you can easily have multiple projects referencing one clip, and the Master Clip properties naturally apply across projects. Without needing duplicated 'copies' of the clip in each project file. Which is cool.

And ... as you can tell it to create a separate MC for a clip in one project, Premiere will add that clip to the project's meta data, with its own MC listing. I've used this where I want to have for most purposes say one BRAW adjustment, but in a certain use, want a different setting. I just create a new project, add media as needed, and for any clips I want a separate BRAW, tell it create a MasterClip link in that project.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources