• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sequences with subtitle / captions created by Adobe's transcription no longer working

Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since yesterday, the transcription feature on Premiere Pro has become a total bomb. It started while I was still on 15.0.9 and the latest updade (15.1.0 Build 19)  didn't fix the issue.  

Basically, every time I try to work on a sequence with caption / subtitles, Premiere Pro comes to a halt, the beach ball starts spinning and continues to do so for almost a full minute.  I thought it could be a glitchy project but it's not. I crreated a brand new one, imported a new clip and tried transcribing a new sequence to no avail. As a test, I turned off the subtitle track. It made no difference. Beach ball spins like an Amargedon windmill! All the other sequences work / playback flawlessly. 

Please, Adobe wizzards, help!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Info about your system and media, please, marcosh?

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

My specs: Mac Pro Late 2013, 3.7Ghz Quad Core Inter Xeon E5

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7

20GB RAM

Graphics AMD FirePro D300 2 GB

Media: QT ProRes Proxy, 1920x1080, 23.98

Thanks,

Marcos H.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this happen last week on my Win 10 Pro machine as well, but fotrunately it was after I exported my 5-minute main sequence and was just working on a trimmed down clip for social media. Today, it seems to be working fine -- at least, so far!! (fingers crossses)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources