• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Speech to Text Create Captions not working

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Speech to Text feature is working, transcribing properly, but when I click "create captions" it doesn't do anything after loading.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try clicking into the Captions tab, click on the three dots button, then re-transcribe. This kicked it off for me on a couple of examples I tried earlier today.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Same here! I have my whole trancript ready to go, but it's not highlighting words as I'm scrubbing thorugh the timeline, and when I click "Create Captions" This window pops up asking me to select format and style, as I click ok. Nothing happens...
I'm just showed the empty Captions panel.

no clips on the timeline, no captions created, nothing.
It does'nt matter which settings I put in that window before I click ok. nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you ad some more details to your problem.

PC/Mac? What OS version?

What type of Media is being transcribed?

What format did you choose when pressing the "Create Captions"? (608, 708, Subtitle, etc)

Did you choose a style?

Is the caption track showing up above all your video tracks?

Are you using a custom worksapce or default one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a Macbook Pro with OS 11.1

I am transcribing a prefinished clip with no music, just a talking head. The audio transcribes accurately, no problems there.

I chose "Subtitle," no style.

No caption track shows up. Basically, when I hit "Create Captions" it shows the little blue circle loading next to the box and then does nothing. No new tracks show up. Nothing new appears in the project folder.

The workspace is default. I'm just testing this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using windows 10 Home 2014

Media was m4a audio.
I tried most of the options, subtitle, 608, etc.
I tried both none style, and my own one.

yes, the caption track is showing. I could create a new one doing this aswell.
I was using a default workspace, Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the updated info.

@defaultwiwhkl47x44i 

Being on an M1 MacBook Pro might be an issue due to all the unsupported features currently with M1. Are you able to create a new caption track manually and have it show up in your sequence. You don't need to transcribe anything just create a blank sequence and then add a caption track to make sure it creates one in your sequence. Was this a fresh beta project or something you brought forward from an older porject version?

Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 12.39.45 PM.png

@Marius Film 

Was this a fresh 2020 Beta project or something you tested from and old project? If it was old, can you try creating a fresh empty project and importing a clip from the old project and creating captions. Just trying the basiscs to see if you can get the transcript to kick in while scrubbing in the sequence.

What is your GPU on your windows computer? Are you running latest drivers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, this is a 2018 MBP, not the M1 version. Yes, clicking the "Create New Caption Track" works fine. It makes an empty track at the top. The project is new. I imported a finished MP4 video to use as a test. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on Win 10 not solved yet, see my post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, for me it works now, haventhad any issues with it recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Win 10

Gforce 1080Ti with driver up to date.

New project only to test the feature.

The transcription of an .mp4 with voice over works well but no creation of the subtitle captions.

I choose create subtitle with no style and nothing happen.

I can create a caption track "manually"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I also have problems using the feature. First time round, it worked wonderfully: I loaded an mp4 into a sequence and created a transcript of the part of my sequence marked with 'In/Out' (this was highly accurate despite bad sound quality, very impressive!). I was able to export the transcripted text and, best of all, Premiere created the caption track automatically, with timing set and all. Wow 🙂

However, since then, it doesn't work like that anymore: I can create transcriptions, but these only stay in the 'Transcript' subpanel of the 'Text' panel, and aren't automatically transferred to the 'Captions' subpanel. I can copy manually from the transcript, but only after manually adding a caption track and manually adding/copying caption text blocks.

I've tried reinstalling the beta version of Premiere, saving and re-opening files, and also creating a blank new project in the beta version and reimporting footage, but I can't get the workflow back which I had first time round. Last time, I tried 'Create Captions, Subtitle, Style: None' and that adds a blank captions track. Then I can create a transcription in the 'Transcript' subpanel, but again its contents aren't automatically transferred into the 'Captions' subpanel.

I work on Win10/GTX1070 with all drivers up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean by "automatically transferred into the 'Captions' subpanel." That process is not automatic. You must click the "Create Captions" button that is in the header area above the transcript text.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stan,

Thanks for your reply! Sorry, that was unclear on my part: of course I had to click that button to create the captions, after which they were transferred by the program. The button, however, has disappeared, meaning I can no longer use this feature.

This is what it looks like: 

screenshot_caption_issue.jpg

Cheers,

Jonas 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Stan,

this is really embarrassing: I just expanded my text window, and the button is there. It was all down to my panel window being too narrow.

So - sorry to waste your time, but thanks again for the reply!

I think the feature is awesome and a great time-saver.

Cheers for now

Jonas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

keldrian, too funny!

I am now reminded that another user had a similar issue because part of the ui was cut off.

Always good lessons that some problems are hard to solve because of unexpected causes!

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources