Speech to Text Early Access - NOT Working!!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I just received an email outlining that I have early access to the Speech to Text transcribing feature in Premiere Pro beta, but unfortunately the Text panel never loads. Once I have a project open, I navigate to Window > Text in order to see the new text panel, but nothing happens and if I click on "window" again to check if the panel has activated, but I see that there is no checkmark next to "Text", essentially telling me that the Text panel never loaded in the first place.

The only time the "Text" panel loads in the All Panels view and even then it doesn't work. When I click on the "Transcribe Sequence" button, I see the message that Speech to Text is coming soon to premiere pro and it offers the link to sign up for early access, but the feature itself is unusable, as is evident from the attached screenshot.

Hope to hear from you ASAP.

Salil

TOPICS
Bug, Error, Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Community Beginner , Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021
Hi all, The issue was fixed. After updating the application, please restart Premiere Pro and try the transcription feature again. Let us know if there's another problem. Thanks,  Ngoc

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME! PLEASE FIX.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same issue.  Emails says accepted into the early adoptors, but when attempting to use, shows "Coming Soon!"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I HAVE THE ANSWER (VIA CUSTOMER SUPPORT). The feature will become available upon the next update. I spoke to someone on the phone and he says next month, and the guy online (review screenshot) says he's unsure of exact date for next update.

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 5.49.44 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

project_disaster_0-1611942323545.png

This is the email I received, so idk about your case per se, but according to the email, "Note that the feature set is currently only available in the beta build of Premiere Pro." so the feature should be available on Premiere Pro beta, but it isn't. The CSA could be referring to when the feature is launched to the general audience. It doesn't make sense to send out an email saying the feature is available now, only to then say that it'll be available in the future updates.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Could you check if you're using the same email that you received the early access notification as your Adobe ID to log in your Adobe CC account? Since we checked the access based on the email/Adobe ID, so you can only use the feature when using that email. Let me know if the problem persists after you check your Adobe ID. 

Thanks, 

Ngoc

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, it's the same account / ID, as I only have one.  It would seem weird to notify us that we've been selected as early adopters, then say, maybe next time. . . :>(

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like @schneblyhillmedia mentioned, most people who received this email are pro users that pay for the subscription and so will have logged in using the same account/login details on which they received the early access notification.

The problem obviously persists or why would savvy users waste time writing feedback and reporting the bug?

It can't be the case that so many of us who received the Early access are not logging in with the same account we received the access on. So before jumping to conclusions that the users' don't know which account they're logging in from, it might be prudent to believe your users and actually check if the problem they're reporting is replicable.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The speech to Text doesn't available yet

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

came here for this - got an early access email, but it still says coming soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  Read email multiple times to make sure I was doing everything it said to do correctly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and when you sign up to test a new feature, you expect to actually use the feature! I was so excited to save myself a little time, but the beta version of Adobe Premiere Pro keeps telling me that I should join the early testing. I did get a text box but the button to render the text was greyout out, and the only option was to -re-transcribe (but I had no transcription done in the first place.) Kind of a waste of time

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I just received an email outlining that I have early access to the Speech to Text transcribing feature in Premiere Pro beta, but unfortunately the Text panel never loads. Once I have a project open, I navigate to Window > Text in order to see the new text panel, but nothing happens and if I click on "window" again to check if the panel has activated, but I see that there is no checkmark next to "Text", essentially telling me that the Text panel never loaded in the first place. It only loads in the All Panels view

Hope to hear from you ASAP.

Salil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some here

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to load an .SRT captions file but not the "Speech to Text", even though I received the PPro beta early access email. Also, the PPro Help says "the help system not initialized." I'm running the latest beta but the instructions says to "navigate to Beta > Enable Feature > New Captions Workflow to experience the new captions workflow.." I don't see "Beta" in the top menu bar. I'm running OS Windows10 on an i7 HP zBook w/32gb RAM.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. Contacted support and was told to wait 24 hours.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also got the email that I was accepted to the early access program. After installing the latest beta, creating a new project and opening the text pallet, I see that there is indeed an option to "transcribe sequence", but clicking it just displays an announcement that the feature is coming soon and a link to join the early access program.

I also contacted support but was given zero help because the person is "not trained on beta" and was told to come here for community support.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same and was referred to community support

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

The issue was fixed. After updating the application, please restart Premiere Pro and try the transcription feature again. Let us know if there's another problem.

Thanks, 

Ngoc

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to 15.0 on the Beta and the issue is still happening. Anyone else have resolve this morning?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have updated and the issue is still there: Can't create the Captions... 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines