• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Speech to Text option - Will there be a option for the transcription to be saved into a text file?

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the new BETA Speech to Text option in Premiere Pro for getting theTranscribe Sequences. 

My question:  As you are buliding this Speech to Text option - will the user be able to take that transcription and export it out as a text file too"

I love how this will be giving me more capability for editing and closed captions. But this Speech to Text option would be even more helpfull and powerfull, if I could also get the transcrition is created  into a text or word file. That way I could use it for an ariticle on my website, articles in other digital forums and press releases too. If this could be done with the Speech to Text option, that would make it a more powerful tool for creatives. And maybe save the creatives some money too. 

Just wondering....

TOPICS
Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are export text menu options in the lastest beta build. The text export options do not include timecode or speaker names at the moment, but this feature is still early in development. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 8.46.59 PM.png               Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 8.47.59 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for adding in the export to text feature.

It must include timecode to be of any use.

Speaker names aren't as important though I think it would be odd not to include them if they are there in the Text panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For now, a workaround is to create captions from the transcript and then export an SRT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had an outstanding first run with this. As a doc producer my hope is that we will be able to have sequnces transcribes, make the corrections if needed, and then export to a text file, esp a searchable PDF, to help with a 'paper edit" when looking for certain clips. Is this feature coming? currently there is an item on the drop down menu for this but it is greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or, even better, a way to make all transcripts in a project searchable within premiere, rather than having to have a search sequence by sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an option on the Beta program to export to a text file. It has updated to V16.2 and theis option is now greyed out. I have logged into CC again but it is no longer available for testing on my software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I put V16.2, it is v15.2.0.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same thing.....was digging through these forums to see if it had been temporarily disabled....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting this issue.

There have been updates to the internal format of the transcriptions throughout the beta program which might not be fully supported with newer versions. To enable it again you might have to re-transcribe your sequence to upgrade it to the new format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have upgraded to v15.2.0.8 today. I have transcribed a new sequence and cannot export to text. I have signed in and out of my account, transcribed again and so far this feature is still no longer available at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David, I also just updated to 15.2.0.8 but can still export Transcript to text file.

Windows 10.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stan, I am on Windows 10. 

That's useful to know. I have just opened the Beta and transcribed a sequence and it is still no longer available to export to a text file. Later today I will  try uninstalling the Beta version and installing again and see if it works then. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have now removed and reinstalled PP Beta. I have transcribed, created captions and now I can export to text file from the captions. If i then go back to the Transcript tab I can also download to a text file from there. 

All working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources