• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

STILL: 15.X beta does NOT load my synced prefs!

LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue that makes working with the beta nearly impossible.

It says it syncs to my Adobe account, and downloads my settings.

BUT: NOTHING shows in the program ... my workspaces, my presets, my keyboard shorts, NOTHING.

Please ... I've tried going into all the fun hidey-holes where the CC apps store the prefs and such, replaced them ... but the app always loads as if it's a fresh start without any user prefs.

Neil

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Hi Neil,

OneDrive gets installed as part of Microsoft 365. It doesn't get installed with the PPro beta (or any Adobe product). The issue that you are seeing is that your documents folder is directed to OneDrive and causing problems with the pathing that Adobe uses for your Profile-[Username] folder. Even if you've uninstalled Microsoft OneDrive from your system  (Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Uninstall or change a program > Microsoft OneDrive), the OneDrive folder is still i

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beta 15.x is insisting on CREATING a OneDrive folder on my system drive, and puts it's base "profile" stuff there.

When I try and Sync my profile, it does. But it does that to the 'normal' places for this, the standard User areas. And doesn't pay any attention to the profile, as it only READS the stock profile it put in the OneDrive folder it created.

I can delete the OneDrive folder. Uninstall the Premiere Beta15.

Reboot.

No OneDrive folder in sight.

Install Beta15, bingo bongo bango, it creates a OneDrive folder!

I DO NOT HAVE ONE DRIVE ON MY MACHINE!

So why is the beta 15 insisting on setting up the OneDrive folder, creating an "AppData/Roaming" folder inside it, and putting a stock Premiere profile there, which it uses ... and also in the OneDrive folder it creates, making a Documents folder which it puts the rest of a stock profile in?

When I tell it to Sync it does ... to the proper, normal user locations.

BUT IT'S USING ONLY THE ONEDRIVE FOLDER INSTEAD!

And yea, I'm well past frustrated with this. So ... @TrentHappel  @Wes Howell @Francis-Crossman 

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sorry, Neil. The only thing that comes to mind is to double-check Creative Cloud Desktop > Preferences > Syncing and check what folder location is set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's my D drive. All cache/database/previews and such.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

OneDrive gets installed as part of Microsoft 365. It doesn't get installed with the PPro beta (or any Adobe product). The issue that you are seeing is that your documents folder is directed to OneDrive and causing problems with the pathing that Adobe uses for your Profile-[Username] folder. Even if you've uninstalled Microsoft OneDrive from your system  (Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Uninstall or change a program > Microsoft OneDrive), the OneDrive folder is still in use on your system. To fix this, open File Explorer, locate the Documents folder, right-click and choose Properties. Select the Location tab and you should see that the path calls out your OneDrive folder. Click the Restore Default button and the path should change back to something like C:\Users\Neil\Documents. Now click OK. You may also want to use this same trick to reset the default locations of your Desktop and Pictures folders. Once completed, sysnc settings in PPro should work again. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mitch,

Apparently, when Puget installed Windows, the 'basic' setup may have included MS Office 365. It was not in the list of installed apps in the Programs & Features panel. And the OneDrive app wasn't either.

I found when scrolling down the list of installed folder/apps when you go to the win "start" button there was a folder for Office365. Right-clicking that got me to a different programs dialog ... with mostly the same apps on the dialog from the Control panel but a few others.

Like ... MS Office 365. Which I promptly uninstalled.

And I could delete the OneDrive folder, reboot, and there was no OneDrive folder there.

Until ... I launched the Creative Cloud desktop app. As soon as it launced, it created the myusername\OneDrive\Documents folder. And plopped an Adobe folder there.

It's putting 'new' installations in that folder tree. And still using some from the myusername\documents.

I was able to re-direct locations for all but the Documents and Pictures folder with the OS as you suggested. For both of those, however, I got a notification that another folder existed that prevented moving the OneDrive\Documents or Pictures folder to the mysusername\ location.

Sigh.

I give up. I copied my 14.0 Premiere Pro folder to the OneDrive location, renamed it 15.0, and can work in the PrPro beta.

I don't have either MS Office 365 NOR OneDrive on my machine, but ... the CC Desktop app insists on using the folder.

What the bleep ever.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources