• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still no way to edit CAPTIONS in PP Beta- what a waste of my money and time

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchase PP 4 weeks ago. It;s been bug ridden since its first installation.

1. Upgraded to latest version of PP beta. Enabled Captions then PP best crashed! 

2.Still no way to edit CAPTIONS in PP Beta

Refer to screen shots below

What a waste of my money and time.

ADOBE... please fix CAPTIONS feature PP public version (refer to my previous posts) and PP beta

System info
    Application: Premiere Pro (Beta) v14.9.0.40
    OS: Windows v10.0.18363, RAM: 31.83 GB, CPUs (logical): 12

TOPICS
Bug , Error , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to figure out how to pick up a number of captions and move them to the right, which you'd think would be super easy. I've read through a number of posts here that discuss moving things using ripple move or something. I've watched some videos. Nothing worked for me. I'm new to Premiere coming at this from a music software background and it's difficult to believe this is so difficult to do in Premiere as it's the easiest thing ever in any DAW or music software. I understand that there will be a new method of creating captions at some point, but right now it hasn't been released. The current method appears not to work at all, and it looks like it will never be fixed. I won't be joining the beta testing because I don't pay to be a beta tester for the software I use. Adobe, please fix your bugs. Having a new version on the way doesn't make up for a feature not working in a current paid for version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the existing captions workflow, moving captions is done by dragging the captions object on the timeline. (It behaves like a container.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nate. Splitting it with the Razor tool and moving them worked. Thanks for posting this video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Gregory5CCB Part of the new captions workflow that you are trying out is the new Text panel. Go to Window > Text to open the Text panel and click the Captions tab. There you will have the ability to edit the captions text. To apply styling to the captions, use the Essential Graphics Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt,

These changes are welcome ... but ... there's rather a number of "to do this, go there, then go to this panel click here, then go back there and do X " items which aren't necessarily intuitive. We need more directions on how this works.

And perhaps, some "frank" discussions on how the UI setup and placement of tools in variuos places is working ... or not.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a perfect time to bring this up as we are discussing discoverability and workflow. I am ready to hear 'Maximum Frankness'!

What isn't working for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nate,

The new workflow is splitting the job between a completely new UI concept, that Captions thing at the top of the timeline panel, and the EGP. Both massive changes from the previous process ... among other things. The changes in function are probably very good, and will be a vast upgrade I'm sure. I'm one of those who hasn't used Premiere's captioning hardly at all because it's been so frustrating to even try. But ...

The new stuff ... the new process ... isn't ... obvious. It's so different that for a lot of people, they will simply stop as they don't even know where to try to "poke the box" to try to do something.

It's like the new color management options and controls ... split up all over the place, you have to know where they are before you can even begin to go looking to see if something is there.

As someone who's spent a lot of time working with the U2U forums, and teaching online & elsewhere, I cringe everytime a new UI process explanation starts with "Go here to do X, then to this panel for Y, than back here for Z. Now you can go back to where you were (with the unspoken: "and do what you expected to do to begin with".)

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Part of that is on purpose, to see what people can and can't find. Also the churn is high speed right now as we figure out what does and doesn't work. That said, I agree we surely have work to do on discoverability here. This is really good feedback, thanks for taking the time to elaborate on it. Any feature that spans multiple panels runs the risk you mention and we need to hear that feedback!

Thanks, Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Neil,

No doubt I hear you on the "go here to do this" nature. Like Nate said – that's what these forums are for, and especially right now with the new captions, Nate and other members of the team working on captions are listening to all feedback.

When the new captions launch there will be documentation, but in the mean time we did post a pretty thorough walkthrough for beta testers right here in the beta forums: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta/discuss-new-captions-workflow-in-premiere-pro/m-p/1...

Like Nate said, keep the feedback coming!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the crash log? What were you doing that caused the crash?

How are you trying to edit? With the onscreen controls? In the Text panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources