• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UK English spellings

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using the new transcribe tool now for a while and I love it. However, there are some words (in UK English) that always default to the least likely word needed or don't pick up correct grammar to help with spelling. A couple of examples are:

cheque = an order to a bank to pay a stated sum from the drawer's account, written on a specially printed form 

check = every other meaning of the word and therefore the most commonly used

practice = noun

practise = verb

Is it possible for the transcribe tool to offer the most common version and/or apply grammar to decide which to offer?

TOPICS
Feature request , Feedback , Question

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also seen this behaviour (behavior!) with other UK English words. Does the transcription use the OS language or is it only US English at the moment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can choose English or English (UK). In general, it isn't bad but there are sometimes spelling mistakes and more often just the wrong word used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources