Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vertical Positioning of Captions - Beta Version

Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm testing out the new Captions functionality and trying to get them to match what our company uses in their style guide/branding.
For one line, I've got it pretty much bang on.
But for two lines, I can't lower the text down to where it needs to be.
I thought I could just force the issue by amending it in the Effects panel but there is nothing there.
I don't undertsand why in the Essential Graphics panel that it will only go so far down?
Is there anything I can do here or am I missing something incredibly stupid?

Any help be much appreciated....

Matty

https://youtu.be/_venO5j9VgA 

TOPICS
Feedback , Question

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah it's ok I saw this:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/new-captions-vertical-position-limitation/m-p/12002526#M...

That's annoying.

I have a follow up question later though! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still relevant to the original question.
So.....I'm trying to figure out how to correctly match the position of the text on screen.
Our one line goes in the middle of the two lines
I thought I could create two styles, one for the correct position of one line text and another for two lines.
I was then going to duplicate the captions track and on C1 use a '2 lines style' and C2 use a '1 line style' 
So I'd just go through the sequence and delete as neccessary so all the C1's and C2's are in the correct position.
BUT...to my horror you can only have one captions track appearing at one time.
Is there any way at all to do this before I go completely mad?
The whole company in the UK use mgrt's to these positions, so unless I can find a solution it's going to be very difficult to adopt this which would be hugely annoying.

Here's a video so you see what I mean, I've taken some stills so you can see the positions:
https://youtu.be/rhHhFgsmQeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I realise I'm having a conversation with myself haha

Found a workaround - will just put everything through as the Two Lines style and then just amend the one liners individually

I wonder if Adobe could bring in a function to convert a captions track to a video layer?

This would solve all the problems that people are seemingly having and having to nest etc...It would also mean we could copy and past attributes for motion on the effects panel as well as having more flexibility for positioning subtitles on screen that are outwith the broadcast constraints currently set?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources