• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add preference to disable "Selection Follows Playhead" turning itself on

Participant ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has to be one of the most annoying things. It just seems to turn itself on randomly, even though I only use a single workspace and am not changing between color/editing etc, the setting gets triggered somehow. We need an option so that it will never turn on automatically, I can set up a key command to easily control when I want it on.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Hello @tomatosoup75,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug. I apologize for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? I believe the problem has been fixed.

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience, this setting is baked into individual projects. If I work off a template project where the setting is turned off, it doesn't seem to randomly turn on for me. And when I encounter other peoples' projects with the setting turned on, I use a shortcut to turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also it turns on automatically if you activate the lumetri panel at any time no matter what workspace your in. it is still annoying even know that. I also wish you could force off that option in preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Selection Follows Playhead can be annoying.
But I set its shortcut to CTRL P, and just hit that anytime it appears, but I don't want it. This has worked fine for me.
Though I can understand that if it seemingly randomly turns itself on a LOT, that could get pretty annoying.
But look at this form the other perspective. Someone who WANTS to use the feature, now has to know that this additional preference exists, and know to enable the preference if someone disabled it... AND then enable the menu option.
So then, we're gonna get someone on this forum saying "Why the heck do I have to turn on 'selection follows playhead' TWICE just to get it to work??"
I don't have a solution to this potential conundrum. but I've gained a bit more respect for the precarious balancing act that the adobe devs must perform, after looking through all these feature suggestions... many of which could be resolved if only the user knew a bit more about how to use Premiere.
ADOBE, IF YOU'RE READING THIS:
I do still want a shortcut for "select top (non-disabled) clip at playhead" which will function independently from "selection follows playhead."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would also love more preferences for this setting. Having an option for it to select all video and audio tracks that the playhead is on would streamline labelling during logging stages of projects and make my life 20x easier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They should make it part of the saved settings. Having this preference turned on automatically every time I start a new project or even open a saved one in which it was previously turned off drives me mad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Please! You should really add this ON-OFF feature to the workspace saved settings so that when you save the workspace with the "Selection Follows Playhead"- OFF, it should remain OFF until you put it back ON again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If we can't prevent it from turning itself on randomly, it would be great to be able to add a button above the timeline that indicates if Selection Follows Playhead is turned on or off. Then you could easily see when the feature is on or off, and set it to what you need in the moment.

I can't believe this problem is still a thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if I turn this annoyance off under "Sequence" it comes back on as default when I restart PPro. And I have to restart every 3 or 4 minutes because PPro crashes or misbehaves so often!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @tomatosoup75,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug. I apologize for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? I believe the problem has been fixed.

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines