Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premier Pro is stuck while opening projects after updating NVIDIA driver

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I got a message today that my NVIDIA driver is not supported while opening the premier. THere was a fix button on the side and i clicked it. It suggested that i will update the driver. I followed the instructions and installed the driver. After the installation, I cannot open any project (including new ones!)

The driver that was installed (a clean install) is

NVIDIA Quadro P1000 for windoes 10, 64bit version R535 U7 (537.58)  

PLease help!

Thanks

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Computer configuration , Graphics , Interoperability or 3rd party tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a Game Ready driver ... that's the problem. Go to the Nvidia driver support page, and get the Studio driver, do a clean install.

Game Ready drivers add a lot of junk to "enhance the gaming experience" that mess up NLEs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Game Ready" vs. "Studio" driver does not apply at all to a workstation Quadro GPU. In fact, almost all drivers for Quadro/workstation GPUs are considered "Studio Drivers". This branch is called the "Production Branch" drivers; the only other branch for the workstation GPUs is the "New Feature Branch".

And there is a remote possibility that newer versions of Premiere Pro may not perform well with older-gen GPU hardware even if Nvidia still supports them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification, RJL.

For those who don't know, RJL is the main source in this forum for GPU and say long-GOP processing things. Amazing depth and breadth of knowledge!

I was just going from having gone to the Nvidia page, with that driver number, which it listed as a GameReady driver. But RJL is as always completely accurate as to Quatro things too.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks both of you on your replies! back to my original problem - what driver do you recommend installing? the newest driver (mentioned in my original post) is causing the adobe premier to be stuck when opening a project.

i tried old version of this driver and it solve the problem but i get the non suppoted driver message every time i open the premier. I also tried to install the studio driver and it works but still the ,essage of non supported driver appears.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate