• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere CRASHES when not being used

Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere crashes about 1-2 times a day.  But here's the thing: it only crashes when it's not being used.

In other words, I can work 8-hrs straight with no problem.  But then, when I leave for a few hours or overnight and return, it has crashed.  Rarely will it make it through the night without crashing. Again: without me sitting in front of it.  Nothing is rendering or anything.

I've had my system upgraded a few times and am on the most current Adobe updates across all Adobe products.  This doesn't happen in After Effects, just Premiere.

What could possibly be hitting my Premiere while I'm away to cause it to shut down?

timbishop4000_0-1670075487038.png

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Hello  @timbishop4000 ,

Thanks for the message. It’s been ages since you filed this bug. I am very sorry for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? The team will need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Tim,

Sorry. Is it crashing on Auto Save? I may have seen something similar on my system. Can you post your crash report and the details that Ann asked for?

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue: Premiere crashes when I am away from it for several hours. No rendring, no nothing. The program is open, but not being used.

Version: 23 Build 63.0.0

Operating System: Windows 10

System Info:

Ryzen 5600
Chipset A520
32GB DDR4

RTX2080

VIDEO FORMAT: Primarily H.264 (some 4K and mostly 1980 x 1080)

Workflow Details: There is no workflow at the time of the crash. It only crashes when I'm away from it.  Usually when I wake up in the morning, it has crashed.  Sometimes I can walk away for just an hour or two and it will crash.  Sometimes it may go 48 hours without crashing. But it never crashes when I'm using it.

Steps to reproduce: I don't know, go to bed.

Expected result: It will have crashed when I wake up.

Actual result: it probably did crash.

Final: I'm not doing any exotic type editing, all basic stuff.  I do some Dynamic Link with AE, but very little.  This has been going on going back 2-3 versions of Premiere.  Fortunately, it doesn't really interfere with my work as I'm not working.  Would just like to figure out to see if it can be cured.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello  @timbishop4000 ,

Thanks for the message. It’s been ages since you filed this bug. I am very sorry for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? The team will need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines