• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro effects folder not showing up with default effects

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having an issue that no effects are showing up in the effects panel in adobe premiere pro. I have reinstalled adobe and nothing shows up still. Did they remove the default effects or is there a way that I can get those reinstalled?

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Effects , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

I think you should try resetting your preferences to default. You can make a backup of your preferences if you think you need to to. I'm in the process today, as I felt a need to re-do my prefs. I take a screen shot or shots of the prefences screen every once in awhile. Or I do a quick video of the prefs screen (using snagit) and just click on each tab, so I can set them back when I want. I'm right now resetting my toolbar on the program monitor (+ sign).

Delete your prefs by holding shift as

Votes

Translate

Translate
4 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are still there. Did you try a clean install. Uninstall PP, reboot, reinstall. 

You can hit it with a hammer if you like, by using the Adobe Cleaner.

Run the Adobe Cleaner after you backup any preferences you want to save and uninstall the programs and before you re-install them: Also, reboot your computer between steps even if you are not asked to...

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. I tried doing a clean reinstall and now I used the adobe cleaner on specifically adobe premiere. I uploaded an image of what I see everytime I look at the effects tab.Test123.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you should try resetting your preferences to default. You can make a backup of your preferences if you think you need to to. I'm in the process today, as I felt a need to re-do my prefs. I take a screen shot or shots of the prefences screen every once in awhile. Or I do a quick video of the prefs screen (using snagit) and just click on each tab, so I can set them back when I want. I'm right now resetting my toolbar on the program monitor (+ sign).

Delete your prefs by holding shift as you start pp. Respond to the dialog and give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! This worked. I actually uninstalled and cleared the preferences that way originally but doing it while opening pp worked! I appreciate the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate