• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AdobeInstalledCodecsTier2 has no codecs. Videos dont work.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I dont have codecs in the 'AdobeInstalledCodecsTier2' folder. They should be populating after rebooting. Tried many things. Tried many suggested solutions. This is a terrible glitch - as adobe should be compatible with go pro footage. I have seen alot of problems similar to this this - but difficult to get a working solution - and that means i cant complete my video. Ive uploaded the error message. When i try to render a movie. It takes ages - and the video doesnt work - only the sound works. But I can see the footage when im editing. 

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

This worked:

Hi guys, I had the same issue, tried many things and nothing worked except this, so I really recommand it. I did it on my own so I am just going to share some details because Kyle's instructions can seem quite unprecise. 

First press the Windows key and type 'cmd'. Right click and click on 'run as administrator'. Now it is time to create a new user, as an admin. In order to do this, we need to use the 'net user' command, that is going to allow us to create a new account on our PC. C

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked:

Hi guys, I had the same issue, tried many things and nothing worked except this, so I really recommand it. I did it on my own so I am just going to share some details because Kyle's instructions can seem quite unprecise. 

First press the Windows key and type 'cmd'. Right click and click on 'run as administrator'. Now it is time to create a new user, as an admin. In order to do this, we need to use the 'net user' command, that is going to allow us to create a new account on our PC. Copy and paste the following lines in your cmd :

net user PremiereProSolver set_a_password /add /comment:"solve premiere hevc issue" /expires:never /logonpasswordchg:no /fullname:"PremiereSolver" && net localgroup Administrateurs PremiereProSolver /add && WMIC USERACCOUNT WHERE Name='PremiereProSolver' SET PasswordExpires=FALSE

Choose a password to replace the set_a_password and remember it, you will need it later (use a simple one). 

Now press enter. 

If you type 'net user', you will see a list of all users, and you will see that PremiereProSolver has been created. 

Now click once again on the Windows key, and right click on the bottom left where the icon and the name of the current account are. Now select PremiereProSolver. Go quickly through the settings. 

Now once everything is done, launch premiere pro and drop any hevc file that used to cause problems. Now here you go : it is working. If you go to this path : C:\Users\Public\Documents\AdobeInstalledCodecsTier2\3.0 you will see that your hevc encoding and decoding files are back. You can log out this account and go back to your old one. 

Now you can remove the created account : 

net user PremiereProSolver /delete

Hope this helped some of you guys  !

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem. Not only with GoPro footage but iPhone 15 Pro Max ProRes footage as well. Where the hell are the moderators or pros who read these messages for help?! I am dead in the water right now. I can not render any new footage. I have deleted and re installed Premiere Pro several times but no difference. I'm not a pro in codecs and need some guidence here. Where is the help. Is this a bug? Am I doing something wrong? Can I fix this problem? Screenshot 1.jpgScreenshot 2.jpgScreenshot 3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this issue. I'm not sure why I am paying for adobe cloud when I cannot even use the software for what it was intended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not resolve this for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dude,
Thanks so much, it does work ! Just make sure to start the export with the new account. 

Votes

Translate

Translate