• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All clips on the timeline are starting at the beginning

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not really sure how to explain this, so I haven't had much luck finding any other post about this bug.

I've been edtiing a project and the last time I worked with the timeline everything was fine. I was working on a different machine, so when I open the file I need to relink the footage. When I do relink, all of the clips on the timeline are starting at the beginning of that clip.  So, it is just the first few seconds of the same interview clip playing over and over again. The same with the b-roll. The music file and the motion graphics do not seem to be effected. I am using Adobe Premiere Pro Version 23.2.0, and I downgraded to the previous version and the issue was still there. This is happening on both Windows and MacOS.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Import and ingest

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still haven't figured out what caused this, but I did find how to fix it.  I opened the project without relinking any of the media, and then reimported the interview clips, and then I held Alt+Shift and dragged the file onto each of the clips on the timeline. This relinked them at the correct timecode. I deleted the old unlinked footage from the project and everything worked fine from there. It was a little annoying and time consuming, but fortunately the sequences that I had this issue with were not that long and were only using one interview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow this worked thank you Chad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem except when I open my project on a different machine my media is still all linked as I'm using an external hard drive. But any editing I've done the timeline clips start at the beginning of their source. So I can't do the below solution, anyone got any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, especially when switching machines. Super frustrating. I downloaded the beta version of Premiere, and it seems to fix it, as long as I open an iteration of the file that hasn't had the error baked in with a save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be the issue:
Some cameras split their bigger files into smaller files where you supposedly need only to import the first one, provided that the metadata is present in the folder. If your files are of this structure, this might be your issue. try playing around with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was not the issue in my case. --
chad schreiner 
[personal information removed by moderator]

Sent from the magical device that lives in my pocket.

Votes

Translate

Translate