• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All of my premiere projects disappeared

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was editing some footage for a new project and experiencing some lag issues. I assumed it was the hard drive and copied the file to a faster SSD. When I reopen premiere, all of my projects are gone. Not just the one I was editing but all of them. This was on version 23.0

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
16 Comments
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to look them up in autosave folders and check your project file location from project manager.

It is always best to collect files from the project manager when copying from storage to another storage.

You can keep your previous working version of Premiere Pro and install the new one for testing fresh new projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, about the file, I was talking about the video file, not premiere. I also started this project on this version of premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me that what has happened is that your files have lost the link of the directory where they are hosted and they are offline. You must relink the files. Could you show with screenshots to get a better picture of what might be happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, I can attach screenshots now. I have checked the 22.0 and 23.0 folders in the Premiere folder, but the .prproj files weren't there. There used to be a complete list of videos here, but the only ones there now are the ones I created today to replace the two ones I needed earlier.

premiere.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have had the exact same problem... All projects from the last year are gone - autosave drectories don't exist - no trace of any work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have reset preferences all references to the project will be removed from the home page.

Hit the OPEN PROJECT button and navigate to the folder the project resides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not reset anything, nor have I deleted anything.

The project file is gone, the autosave folders are gone. No trace of anz project since last year...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using an external drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Only materials left on the drive. The project was per default saved at premiere pro library. I have to admit it was a quick project, which I don|t remember where I had saved, but been working on it for a while now (ended up being bigger than originallz planned)... Now I know I'm stupid to have not backed up the project file, but I also don't expect a program for which I pay monthly to go ahead and delete project files... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanna give some hope I don't feel the project file was deleted, it is missing somewhere,

so try to search only .prproj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a mac and the first thing I did was to use spotlight to search for all .prprj files. Then all autosave folders, only of much older projects nothing of the last 6 - 10 months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lmao we are having the exact same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2023 Jun 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, all my proproj files had dissapeared. Nowhere to be found on my mac, this really sux

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using an external drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You keep asking if using an external drive - I don't know how it was for the others.m, but as I answered when you asked me that; the project and render files were in the folder on my computer. Mistake might have been basing in autosave folders or working unorderly. Yet, even if Adobe is updating or whatever, I don't believe any program should have the ability to delete user created project files without the user commanding any sort of clean-up. That just goes against any logic of property owning specifically in our time with strict data policies... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Community "Experts" ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate