Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All preview renders are dissapearing, all clips are red, not green or yellow

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with the current PP 2024.

I opened my project after following a tutorial suggestion and the entire project appeared unrendered eg red instead of green or even yellow. My clips are about 50% direct from file (Quicktime Prores422) but I did switch to "ingest" mode at some point. Most imported clips are at 1080p for a 1080p project at native resolution without proxies but all clips imported as yellow and remained green if rendered even once.... until now.

So I went and rendered everything... (45min sequence taking an hour) and all was good. But after shutting the machine down, the sequence was red again when reopened the next morning.

I am working on a Win 11 laptop with two NVMe drives... (C: as OS and Apps, and D: just files) and I have 64gb RAM with 58gb for Adobe to play with. I moved the scratch disk volume from the default location (same as project to a dedicated folder on C:). Curiously I got a warning about "low memory" after the second time it went down, which baffled me. I went into the settings and switched the mercury playback to include CUDA. Suddenly everything is yellow not red. But what about all the stuff that was rendered, including effects? What about the clips that were ingested?

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Computer configuration , Editing and playback , Import and ingest , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's handy to have at least three internal SSD drives ... a pair of Nvme SSDs, one for OS/programs, the second ONLY used for cache files.

Then media/projects are on additional internal SSDs. But on laptops, that's ... not quite possible. Ah well. So there are some penalties on laptop work.

I mostly work on a desktop, with four monitors and a full Tangent Elements control panel, 24 core CPU and 128Gb of RAM ... and my Acer laptop just ain't the same experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate