• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Amd rx6700 not supported for hardware encoding

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using adobe premier pro 2023, Windows 11(latest)

I have Sapphire amd rx 6700 (Non-XT). I can't use this gpu for hardware encoding. I checked supported gpu's from here; https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html#gpu-acceleration 

as you can see, older versions of this gpu is supported. In my opinion Amd 6700(non-xt) released after Amd 6700-XT so adobe premier pro must be update about this.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Computer configuration , Graphics , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which "hardware encoding" are you talking about? There are two entirely different therefore totally confusing uses of that phrase.

The first is for "Mercury Acceleration", in the Project setting dialog. In this meaning, this is for use for effects coded for the GPU. Such as Lumetri and Warp Stabilizer.

The second meaning and use, which has nothing whatsoever to do with the first, concerns long-GOP H.264 encoding/decoding. And the controls are in the Preferences dialog.

If you see comments in the Export dialog summary about hardware or software encoding, those ONLY refer to the second meaning: long-GOP capabilities of your hardware.

And I don't think most non-recent AMD cards had anything Premiere could use for H.264 encoding/decoding.

So which is it ... general use for effects processing, or long-GOP H.264 encoding?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

xx - misreply -xx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

xx - misreply -xx

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, there are two entirely separate issues of 'hardware/software' ... encoding of effects, or H.264/5 long-GOP?

Again, they ARE NOT the same at all.

If you see say "software encoding only" in an Export summary section, that is NOT about general use of your GPU, but only whether or not your gear (especially the CPU, and some fairly new GPUs) have the hardware for long-GOP encoding.

So can you set the Project setting Mercury Acceleration to something other than software encoding? If so, it's probably using your GPU for what Premiere uses the GPU for. It doesn't use the GPU for basic encoding purposes.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

R, pardon me, I'm confused by the forum set up to if you were even repeplying to me, also I thought my statement made clear distintion that the GPU in question is a RX 5700 XT, which is supported by Adobe, Graphics Cards system requirements  ,  for both the hardware accelerated AVC/HVEC encoding/decoding - - and  OpenCL driven mercury playback realtime effects Previews & Rendering . So if I'm bumping into a different conversation completely, I'm super sorry, I can't find any threads, just back & forth messaging, & I know I'll lose context trying to communicate that way.

Have an excellent day!

I'm quite clear on the different types 

Votes

Translate

Translate