• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio cutting out on timeline playback UNLESS all audio is set to same sample size

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audio is CONSTANTLY cutting out during timeline playback UNLESS all audio is set to the same sample size.

In other words, a Premiere project is automatically set to 32 bit floating point... BUT... If I import 24 bit audio (as recorded by most cameras), it cuts out constantly during playback, making it extremely hard if not IMPOSSIBLE TO EDIT...

Premiere does not allow me to change sequence audio sample size to 24 bit so my only work around is to convert all 24 bit audio to 32 bit floating point prior to editing...

I tried maxing out buffer, no use...

Adobe?... Guys?... Seriously, what the heck is going on??????

Premiere Pro version 23.1

Mac Monterey 12.0.1

16 GB RAM

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Performance or Stability , Sound

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

32-bit float is the math for all timeline work, video/audio. And that shouldn't have any bearing on the audio sample rate. So your issue is rather puzzling.

What's the audio from, what created it?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil, thanks for getting back to me. Audio was recorded into Sony FS7 and FX6. The issue with persists with 24 bit audio from both cameras.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a pain! I work with audio from cheap hand-held recorders and BMPCC4K to Panny DSLRs through Red and other stuff. Never had this happen.

So I'm wondering what the hay? Shouldn't happen. Any way you could dropbox a clip that doesn't work on yours, so I could test on mine?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate