• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio track mixer not sending output to center speaker or showing on output level meter

Participant ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently my audio track mixer does not seem to send audio to center speaker while editing and audio level does not show on 5.1 output level meter. With the panning dot place in the center notch, the audio only plays through the right and left speakers. When panning the "center level" control to full (clockwise) audio from that track disappears. Also the LFE levels do not show up or playback through hardware while editing.

This symptom is the same on both my workstation editor and my laptop. I edited 5.1 projects and monitored them on this same system with perfect performance through the first of the year. It's only been in the last month when this flared up. (FYI: I've been working with 5.1 audio for years in Premiere)

Now here's the herring: if I render the sequence to my typical 5.1 file output, that file plays with all channels! But that means "winging it" with levels.

Dell workstation Xenon, 96GB, Nvideo quadro 4000

Premiere version 23.1.0 build 86

Is this a "uninstall/reinstall"?

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Sound

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Participant ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so just re-installed 2022 version of Premiere 22.5.0, build 62.  Created a new project (since I can't open the most recent saves of my current work) and full 5.1 pan, LFE and center controls work perfectly on same hardware.

I also worked on 5.1 sample in latest Audition and full control is available in it.

So will a clean install and re-install help clear up this audio issue in lastest Premiere to kill this BUG? Do I have to wipe all my configurations, presets, etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did complete uninstall/clean reinstall of Premiere 23.5.0 and I'm back to same 5.1 pan/LFE issue. What gives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, but with the LFE channel. Any luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still no fix. I openned Audition and everything works as it should on my system with full 5.1 panning, meter display and output to studio audio system.

Adobe, is there a fix coming or do I have to roll back to Premiere 22.5?

rg

Votes

Translate

Translate