• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-ducking "generate keyframes" works in PP 2023, completely freezes PP 2024 on the same projects

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with a one-hour video file of a game recording with two stereo audio tracks, first is game music and second is microphone. I have a very simple ducking profile I use to make the game track duck against the mic. I've run this profile over a hundred times in PP 2023 with no issue, but in PP 2024 it's freezing Premiere Pro and in some cases, freezing my entire computer.

Just did a test tonight for recording times, using the same file. Using a basic sequence template I've used every time, with an intro graphic. One-hour media file, with the mic track cut up into about 50 or fewer smaller clips with a lot of space between them due to that being the recommended method of "silencing" sections on the fly.

Using PP 2023.6.0:  Selected the ducking profile on the music track and hit "Generate keyframes", which then changed to "generating keyframes" after a three second pause. PP continued to function as expected while keyframes were generating, never once going into a "not responding" state. PC Memory never crosses above 48% usage the whole time. Keyframes for the track completed generating in 48 minutes total. This has been my expected behaviour over a hundred-plus such recordings.

Using PP 2024, after converting the project. Result: Adobe PP 2024 enters a "Not responding" state immediately and remains there indefinitely. Memory usage on the machine ramps up to 100% within seconds. Of the now dozen times I've tried, three of them it completely froze my computer(s). Longest I've let it sit is one hour before killing the Adobe PP process. It feels like something in 2024 is breaking its ability to generate auto-ducking keyframes in the background for me.

I've tried breaking it into smaller clips in 2024, and I had to get them to about 10 minutes or so max before it would ever process one of them, let alone a batch of them. It's so bad I just can't use 2024 at all. What's making me a grumpy mcgrumperson is I spent five hours working on an updated project in 2024 now, and can't roll it back to the more functional 2023, time wasted.

System specs of current machine:

Asus ROG Zephyrus G15 2022 model laptop

AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS

40184 MBytes RAM

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Laptop GPU

I note that this is the second machine I've tried it on, my much beefier home editing workstation has the exact same results. It's a Ryzen 9 5950x w/ 64g ram and a Geforce 3080ti gpu.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Following up on this, thanks for the extended email support mstegner! I spent the weekend working on this and now the issue seems to have passed. I'm unfortunately not sure what resolved it specifically, as at the end I had rebuilt the project from scratch, and also uninstalled 2024, wiped its prefs, reinstalled again using the 2023 prefs, and now it's no longer entering a Not Responding state.

So thanks for the assistance, I'm considering this resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
8 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is strange and I have not seen anything like this on our end.  I'm assuming that you are creating the preset in Premiere Pro 23 and it is appearing in Premiere 24?

Can you try executing Auto Ducking with out using the Preset?  That will let me know if somehow your preset is malformed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preset was made a while ago, either in 22 or 23 I don't recall. I have the same issue with or without the preset. Recreating the settings I want - just those sliders right there in the screenshot - and then hitting generate keyframes makes PP 2024 completely stop working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty hosed now on this project. I really need to finish this work. How can I export a 2024 project file back to be used with 2023?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send me the .prproj file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love to but I'm not seeing a way to attach anything new here. What am I missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just sent you an email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. Sent. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Following up on this, thanks for the extended email support mstegner! I spent the weekend working on this and now the issue seems to have passed. I'm unfortunately not sure what resolved it specifically, as at the end I had rebuilt the project from scratch, and also uninstalled 2024, wiped its prefs, reinstalled again using the 2023 prefs, and now it's no longer entering a Not Responding state.

So thanks for the assistance, I'm considering this resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate