Copied

• Issue - Importing AVCHD folder structure and some files will not play audio
  • Adobe Premiere Pro version number: 23.0.0
  • Operating system - Windows 10 Pro 21H2
  • System Info: CPU, GPU, RAM, HD:
    • CPU - i9-12900H

• GPU and Driver Version - RTX A2000, 517.40

• RAM - 64 GB

• Hard Drive (and, if external, how the drive is connected: USB 3, Thunderbolt, etc.). - 2TB NVME, internal

• Video format: AVCHD shot on Sony FS700 or NEX5
  • Workflow details: Used media browser to import, then playing footage from bin or timeline has some clips without audio.  typically clips that span multiple MTS files. tried deleting peak/cache files and restarting application and computer.  tried new project file.  tried solutions online.  nothing worked.
  • Steps to reproduce - import avchd folder that has clips that span multiple MTS files and some clips that don't.
  • Expected result - being able to hear the recorded audio and use it in timeline
  • Actual result -  no waveform, no audio.  playing files in vlc works fine.  other clips from same shoot and card play fine. 
TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , Formats , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Hello @PATK123,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug. I apologize for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? The team will need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Pat,

I have seen this. Decoding this audio is supposed to be handled by the OS. I'm not sure if it's an OS or an app issue, but I don't think Mac users are reporting on it. I think you can use Shutter Encoder to rewrap the audio only of these files. You can use a different audio codec. I have not tested this, though. This works around the problem, but you're right; there is an issue here for some users. I've seen it here on forums a few times lately. Thanks for filing.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,
I can confirm that its at least partially OS related.  I used media encoder on mac, used media browser to find the files, then exported them to h.264 and the audio worked fine, including on clips that span multiple MTS files.  I tried the same thing on 3 different windows computers, including a fresh install of creative cloud, and the same set of steps would result in a video clip with no audio.

So it is either something on windows, or the windows version of premiere/media encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should also say its inconsistent on windows. Not every multi MTS clip has issues, and sometimes it will play on one attempt and sometimes it doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old issue that is raising its ugly head again. I'm seeing it creep into projects that have spanned AVCHD clips from either a Canon C100 or Panasonic HMC150. Last night I created a new project and imported files from both cameras, and all was well. Files were imported via Media Browser. Peak wave files were showing on the audio tracks. Today, however, the peak waves are gone for two of the clips, as is the audio. These happen to be the only spanned clips imported - all other clips from the same cameras are fine. Tried exiting PPro and deleting the Media Cache files, Media Cache Database and Peak Files. Restarted the project and let it conform completely. Both of the spanned MTS files still had no wave files, but one of them actually played audio despite this. However, after a couple of subsequent restarts, it's now lost it's audio as well.

Quite maddening, there seems to be no rhyme nor reason to it. I've gone back and tried the myriad of remedies we used to recommend for this issue, but none have worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annnddd...now I have one that seems to be causing the same issue when trying to transcode in AME...nothing coming out of it has audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is up. I'll move other posts into this bug report to help get it some priority.

Cheers,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin,

As I recall, you were heavily involved in this issue disscussion back when, so you should certainly be familiar with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right. AVCHD has been fine for several versions now. Something may have been left out of a Windows update or something from Adobe's end. It's weird to see the issue raise suddenly. We need to chase down what that is. I appreciate all the excellent info and reports by the community. 

Best Wishes,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those like us that cannot work until this gets fixed, I'm having good success with method #1 on this site...

https://photography.tutsplus.com/tutorials/3-free-ways-to-join-spanned-avchd-video-files-into-contin...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @PATK123,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug. I apologize for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? The team will need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines