• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug. Can not move items into different bins in the project window. Premiere Beta 24.1.0.66

Participant ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a project with multiple folders with a sequence inside each folder. I am unable to duplicate a sequence and move it to another folder. No other assets can be moved to other folders as well. Folder twirl-downs do not work. They just allow for double-clicking the folder to open it in a new tab.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
12 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the project in read-only mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it is writable. I opened the project in the previous version update and everything worked perfectly. I've never had this issue before. I'll wait until they come out with the next update for Beta to use it. Hopefully, it will get fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have the same issue.

It's difficult to describe and what OP describes is the closest to my problem.

The folders won't open as subfolders and worse, I can't drag elements from the folders into the timeline like before.

I just updated to the latest beta, 24.1.0 (Build 66), and it still won't work properly.

For example: I keep a color matte of a white frame for quick access to testing my chroma key videos looking for shadow spots. I used to be able to just drag that white frame into the timeline. Now the only way to get it there is to go through the "Automate to Sequence" option.

This issue started for me with the second to last Beta update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I can't drag items in the project bin, or from the project bin to the timeline. Twirldowns in the project bin are not working correctly. Resetting layout does not help. Non-Beta version 23x works fine. 

I'm on Beta 24.1 (build 67). This sucks. I have rapidly become dependant on the Beta version. It's worked almost flawlessly for months now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE this only seems to affect LIST view in the project bin. ICON and FREEFORM view seem to be working as they should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YUP! exactly whats happening with my Beta. I've been using it non stop because all the super helpful features. Had to revert back to premiere 24 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing the project bin to ICON view when you need to drag things. Lemme know...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was, indeed, able to drag elements from the folder directly into the Timeline after having switched to Icon View from List View.

So it's a workaround, but a very, very cumbersome one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolute insanity. They pushed another update today (24.1 Oct 26, build 68) but it DOES NOT FIX this issue! Uggg.

I also confirmed this issue on a 2nd machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated from Build 55 to 68. I confirm the bug is still present.

As I always do, I reset preferences, cleared cache, and created a new project. I created one bin. i changed to list view and imported 3 clips. I cannot drag into the bin. I cannot drag to the new icon. All work in icon view.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIXED in build 70. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate