• Global community
    • Language:
      • Deutsch
      • English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit
1

Bug in Premiere using the Vimeo preset for rendering

Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've discovered a new bug in Adobe Premiere when rendering within Premiere. For some reason, the video file is corrupted badly with the preset. This is a new bug, since I have been rendering within Premiere previously. I have been rendering 1 hour videos, and the videos are badly corrupted, easily seen when skipping around the video. The problem does NOT occur when using Media Encoder to render the same video. The problem occurs with the Vimeo and YouTube presets (the only ones I have tried). I have tried uninstalling Premiere and reinstalling, multiple times, to no effect. The bug only occurs when using the Premiere for rendering. Again, rendering with Media Encoder does not appear to be affected. I am using a Windows 11 machine, very high end, 64 gb ram, Nvidia graphics card RTX 4070Ti, all updates with Windows and Adobe. 

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Export

Views

150

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
8 Comments
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about 'rendering' or exporting? I don't think Media Encoder 'renders' inside PP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant exporting. I have tested this on a similarly high end Windows 10 machine (different graphics card 3070), and the problem does not occur. I also tested this on a high end laptop (32 gb ram, plus dedicated graphics memory), and the problem does not occur. So the problem seems to be isolated to one machine. The corrupt mp4 files occur when exporting from Premiere only. There is no problem editing the video in Premiere, only exporting as an mp4 file. Again, there is no problem when exporting using Media Encoder. Is there a way to isolate the issue further?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you clear the cache? Hold down shift while you click the PP icon. Clear it all. Click the icon for PP not from a project.

 

With that said, it does seem to be like one file, right? If so, I suggest just carrying on, and get the job done, as it sounds like you have lots of options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2023 Aug 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The newest release has an update involving the Vimeo export, so you should get the update v23.6.

Here's a link to the Doc.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/fixed-issues.html#:~:text=Uploads%20to%20Vimeo%20could%20fai....

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2023 Aug 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export

Fixed:

  • When trying to render a Premiere Pro sequence in Media Encoder that contained AU or VST audio effects, Caption options would not be displayed, and captions would always be burned in.
  • Uploads to Vimeo could fail.
  • The name of the export effect, Name Overlay, changed to Text Overlay to indicate that options other than file name are available.
  • A crash could occur during export when the application language is set to Spanish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all your replies. The best I can figure is that there is something different in the way Premiere exports a file and Media Encoder exports. It may be that they use different memory, such as RAM vs. graphics card. Also, it may have something to do with the specific project I am working with. I tested the RAM memory in the computer (64 gigs) and found no problems. I will keep trying to isolate the issue. For now, Media Encoder works without a problem, and the problem with Premiere seems to affect only some projects, not all. This will take some close observation to sort this out over time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, update this thread as you discover things. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The situation is curiouser and curiouser. I moved the entire project onto a different drive on the same computer, and the exporting problem from within Premiere went away. So it seems that the problem is isolated to exporting from Premiere from the original files on the computer. Why Media Encoder has no trouble with the same files located in the same place is a mystery. I am beginning to think that Media Encoder may write temporary files to a different place when exporting than the place that Premiere writes them, and the problem may be with a corruption in that temporary place. This would suggest that I have a disk problem wherever Premiere is writing temporary files during export. Just a guess at this point, and still checking.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report