• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BUG: Timeline Window extremely laggy on secondary monitor

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Issue - A timeline that is responsive on my Main Monitor is extremely laggy on a secondary monitor.
  • Adobe Premiere Pro version number: 2023.2.0 Build 69
  • Operating system - macOS 11.7.4
  • System Info: CPU, GPU, RAM, HD:
    • CPU: 2.3 GHz 18-Core Intel Xeon W

• GPU and Driver Version: Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB

• RAM: 128 GB 2666 MHz DDR4

• Hard Drive (and, if external, how the drive is connected: USB 3, Thunderbolt, etc.).: G-Drive Pro Studio SSD 7.84 TB. Connected with Thunderbolt 3

• Secondary Monitor: LG Ultrafine (firmware 3.04,1.13,5237,3.04,0.1e) Connected with Thunderbolt/Displayport.
  • Video format: ProRes LT
  • Workflow details: It happens with every sequence, whether single cam, multicam, with or without proxies. Basically source media doesn't appear to matter. It seems to be a UI issue.
  • Steps to reproduce - 1: Timeline Window is responsive on main monitor. 2: Move Timeline Window to secondary monitor. 
  • Expected result - Timeline should be as responsive as on the Main Monitor.
  • Actual result - Timeline becomes laggy. When clicking on the Timeline, it can take up to several seconds for Playhead to catch up and frame to update. Scrubbing becomes unusable because it doesn't refresh fast enough. When I bring back the Timeline Window on the Main Monitor, playback is responsive again. 

This is apparenlty a software issue as I use other editing softwares (Avid and Resolve) and there is no difference between monitors for timeline scrubbing.

I provided a video to showcase the problem. I'm speaking in French during the video, but the problem is visually obvious.

I have taken the usual steps for troubleshooting: including restarting, trashing preferences, trashing media cache, updating the Premiere version, etc.

Thanks for your help resolving this.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Performance or Stability , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?