• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't drag out panels that are grouped with the Project panel

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue began after the update to 24.0.0 (build 58, Windows 11). If a panel is grouped with the Project panel it cannot be dragged out and dropped into another panel. For instance, if the Effect Controls panel is a tab alongside the Project tab, the Effect Controsl panel can't be dragged and grouped with the Source window. It just "bounces" back as if I had let go of it. It doesn't seem to be an issue with any other panel- only Project. I can move the Effect Controls panel (or any other "stuck" panel in the Project panel group) if I undock it first.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to duplicate that, it seems to be working fine here.

Win11 - 22H2, PP - 24.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be intermittent but I have had it happen a few times in the last couple days after taking the update. If it happens again I'll do a screen capture and post it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try from a default workspace, like Editing or such, make sure you set it to the default version of that, assuming of course you haven't changed and then saved that. Also, your preferences may be suspect. If you are up to changing them you can start PP while holding down shift, and respond to the dialog. Since you haven't let us know what OS you are on, I can't offer anything more than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must have read a little too quickly: "This issue began after the update to 24.0.0 (build 58, Windows 11)." No worries.

I understand there may be work arounds but I am posting about it here becase it appears to be a bug in the new update. I've been using Pr for 20 years and never seen this behavior. I can undock and the panel and drop it where ever I need it. But, nominally, I should be able to drag it off and drop it somewhere else regardless of what workspace I'm using and whether it's default or modified.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed!

Things get corrupted, so sometimes they need to get refreshed, no matter how long you've been using it.

You can go to this folder: %UserProfile%\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro

Just paste that into file explorer, and rename the 24.0 folder to something else. Then fire up PP, it's an easy way to test, and you can be right back where you've started by deleting the new folder PP will create and renaming the original folder back.

This assume you have maintained that folder, but if it's 20 years of other folders in the 22.x, 23.x, 21x, etc... then you can copy them all to another folder so you have access to them should need be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this happen again so, as promised, I did a screen capture to document the behavior. It's linked here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXTtxA8DMTU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the screen recording. I see what you mean.

Win10 PR 24.0.0, and yes behaving properly, but it is for you too most of the time.

What workspace are you in? Regular or custom?

If you reset the workspace, does it "fix" it?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate