• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't export video with H.264 format from Premiere Pro 2023 version 23.1.0 (Build 86)

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community. I've recently got a new laptop and updated to Premiere Pro 2023, and since then I cannot export my videos in H.264 (mp4) format. Other formats like Quicktime or AVI work. When I try to export as H.264, I don't get any error messages just a 1 kb sized .mp4 file, and it cannot be opened with media players. The video also had captions, which are okay when I export it as Quicktime format. I already tried the solutions suggested here but didn't work: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/error-compiling-movie-rendering-or.html

Premiere Pro is up-to-date according to the Creative Cloud. (Version 23.1.0 Build 86).
I already updated my graphics card's driver (Nvidia display driver v516.25) and installed the K-Lite-codec pack 1741 basic.

My PC specification:
Lenovo ThinkPad P15
11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11950H
64 GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A3000
Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2 19045.248
Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you try resetting Preferences by Pressing "Option" or "Alt" key while launch the application. What is imported files format? Can you share more info?

Thanks,

Suraj Shinde.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NEVER install a codec pack on an editing machine, they can mess up your good codec.

The only way to get rid of this is to do a clean windows install.

Update nvidia driver to 528.24 studio driver.

Post screenshot properties clip, sequence settings and export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Suraj5EBF @Ann Bens Thank you for your answers.
The problem occurred before the codec installation, but I uninstalled it and updated the Nvidia driver, but nothing changed.
I tried different scenarios: 
I can export mp4/.H264 if I start a new project, settings aren't matter. I also can export this format if I use Adobe After Effects.
The problem occurred when I opened an older Premiere Pro project, convert it to a Premiere Pro 2023 project, then clicked "Save as" and saved it as another project file to work with. When I try to export my work in H.264 format, I have to change in the Encoding settings the Performance to Software Encoding and the file will be OK. If I use Hardware Encoding, the file will be corrupted.

So the solution mentioned here didn't work: (Go to Preferences > Media and deselect Enable hardware accelerated decoding (requires restart).)
What have worked is this: Export > Video and at the Encoding Settings use the Software Encoding option for Performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines