• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Remove Plugin, Ruining Premiere

Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I installed Sony’s Catalyst Prepare plugin for Premiere, and it's causing me huge issues on my MacBook M3 Max Sonoma 14.3.1. I didn’t realize that the plugin is for Premiere 22.4 - 23.2, and I’m running 24.1, so that's on me. I'm thinking that could be the issue.  

Premiere crashes after a few minutes, it regenerates Peak files all the time, and Slog3 footage is appearing as Rec709 automatically with no way to change color space options. I can see the Catalyst Prepare plugin in Premiere's effects controls window, but I can’t delete it. When I see the Premiere loading screen and the Plugin Cache is loading, I can see the Catalyst plugins as the last things that load.

The Catalyst Prepare page says to delete the files in: 

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore /catalyst_prepare_plugin/ 

But when I go to /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/, I don’t see a folder called Plug-ins.

When I launch Premiere while holding option and disable third party plugins, I don't experience any of the problems, so I'm pretty confident it's Catalyst Prepare causing them.

I even tried searching directly for the .plugin and .bundle files it says to delete, but no luck. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Premiere with no results.

Any advice is much appreciated! 

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Color , Effects , Graphics , Interoperability or 3rd party tools , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Confirming: You're looking in the root /Library, and not some user account's ~/Library, right? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

[confirming detail]

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
3 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirming: You're looking in the root /Library, and not some user account's ~/Library, right? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[confirming detail]

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was it, thank you! I'm coming from PC, and didn't realize I needed to allow hard disks to be visible in the Finder settings to find the overall Library folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate