• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant recird voice over even though mic sends audio and it starts recording. Simply doesnt save file

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this just started. 

Recording voice over just stopped. 

I can right click the mic icon on timeline and check the audio settings. I have a arctic headset, a yeti, and another mic.  I can select any.

I can select any, and see the input volume monitors as I talk.  Great.

I can see in windows preiere is using your mic icon on my Taskbar 

My soumd.options show my mic in windows. 

Exit, click.record. 

I don't have an in out set, so it starts the play head and the red recording icon shows

It counts down 3 2 1 record.

I talk, and when I click the mic icon again, no file. No audio in the track. No matter what track I use. 

This worked last week just fine. Im.a software developer so im.pretty savvy with windows. 

OK, I go file new project. Create project xxx

I click new sequence.

Create ie the new project

Click record.  it records audio in the new project. Shows on timeline and, saves file.

I go back to the first project, and audio records again. Saves to timeliness. Shows in library. 

Note: I found this because I was going to move the whole project contents to a new sequence as a last ditch effort.

All.projects start working once I've created a new project 

Randomly, it stops recording. They all do.

Create another project, another sequence, record a few seconds. Go back to first project, it records again. All.record. until they don't. 

I've Uninstaller. Reinstalled. I have 200 gigs plus of space on all 6 drives I use.  I can't find a setting that would.make it not work.

I opened audio mixer/studio window. It doesn't work either until I do the steps I mentioned.  

Any ideas would be truly appreciated. 

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Sound

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact issue. Thanks for posting because I thought I was going crazy 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a similar issue except it happens even on a new project. I'll click the voice over record button and it will light up real quick and then go back to the default icon. It does the countdown and then most of the time when I stop I don't have a recorded audio file. Sometimes it'll randomly record and I have no idea why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So update, I got in touch with adobe support and they went through and deleted the settings for Premiere Pro. Started up an empty project and it worked just fine. Opened up my actual project and recorded a test just fine, then hit Ctrl+Z to delete the recording and now it's back to broken again. Something's definitely wrong with Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate