• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Caption button defaulting OFF in every project when exporting from Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2023 Sep 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New frustrating issue for myself and several co-workers who use Premiere.  All of the sudden, every time we try to export a project (via Premiere's export, not referring to anything in media encoder) the caption button is always defaulted OFF.  It used to always stay on unless you manually flipped it.  Fine if that is supposed to be the set default now, but there doesn't seem to be any way in preferences that we can find to change the default back to ON. Photo shows example - all the other menus are still "blue/on" just not captions.  Anyone know how to fix this issue?  Thanks!

Screen Shot 2023-09-16 at 4.46.53 PM.png

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think anything has changed. Are you in the latest release version 23.6.0?

Generally, I find the Captions setting "sticky." Whatever I set last is there the next time. I just did several tests, and sometimes, the setting will be different if I switch from h.264 to mxf op1a.

I wonder about selecting a preset vs a format. I can't test further at the moment. What are you seeing?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More tests.... I did not note your reference to projects.

Export opens with H.264, turn captions on (using burn-in only), export.

Close project, create new project, sequence, captions, export opens with H.264 and captions on. Change format to mxf op1a, captions are off, export.

Export opens with mxf, captions off, turn captions on, export.

Export opens with mxf, captions on. Change format to h.264. Captions on. (Preset is Match Source, Adaptive High Bitrate)

Switch format back to mxf, preset says "custom." Captions off.

Did not try closing PR.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2023 Sep 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Stan! Thanks for your replies. I can't test or look at anything again until Monday - but I'll let you know. Appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate